Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Senior Legal Land Advisor/Deputy Chief of Party position on aU.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded project in Côte d'Ivoire.
Project Summary: The goal of this project is to increase social cohesion, reduce land conflicts and economically empower women to contribute to their communities by strengthening their legal access to land in Northern and Western Côte d'Ivoire. This is expected to be a full-time position based in Abidjan.
* Support the Chief of Party (COP) in the management of this project
* Provide technical legal advice on women's access to land tenure
* Provide managerial leadership as Deputy Chief of Party to the project
* Oversee the administration of the project supporting the COP's efforts
* Master's degree or higher in Law, Political Science, International Relations, or another related field;
* A minimum of eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience with women legal empowerment/women empowerment in the developing world with demonstrated experience in project planning, team leadership, administrative management, and financial oversight skills;
* A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in a Legal Advisor role demonstrating deep knowledge on women access to land and women land rights;
* Demonstrated women legal empowerment working experience in West Africa including francophone countries;
* Demonstrated technical experience in community awareness raising and community mobilization;
* Demonstrated ability to engage in multi-stakeholder dialogue, including sustaining
partnerships and strong working relationships with donors, host country government
counterparts, academic institutions, and civil society;
* Experience working and/or living in Côte d'Ivoire preferred;
* Professional-level fluency in English and French is required.
Apply on company website