Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech currently has an opportunity for a Software Engineer/Programmer to join our Pittsburgh, PA office with hands-on experience in systems analysis, design, programming, documentation, execution of complex system applications and related Information Systems for effective implementation. The candidate will participate in all phases of the software development life cycle with emphasis on the planning, analysis, testing and acceptance phases.
Your essential duties and responsibilities will include:
• Elicit and document customer requirements
• Prepare software design specifications
• Use software design specifications to develop applications
• Unit Test Applications
• Support User Acceptance Testing
• Participate in Technical Reviews
• Troubleshoot problems and provide customer support on application issues
• Maintain and keep up to date with development best practices
• Participate in special projects as required
• Web Services (WCF / Web API)
• SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Crystal Reports
• SQL Server scripting development, PostgreSQL
• Documentation of software systems (application/system documentation, user documentation and help files)
• Provide application user support in a professional and responsive manner.
• Other duties may be assigned
• Proficient with web development languages and protocols
• C# and ASP.NET Web programming skills
• Strong UI development skills including CSS and HTML
• Visual Studio, .Net 2.0 or higher framework
• Knowledgeable with SharePoint
• Experience developing for multiple Web browsers (Edge, Firefox, Chrome).
• Effective and creative problem-solving skills
• Troubleshoot complex application problems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be motivated and able to quickly learn new applications, tools, and technologies
• Must be able to work professionally with clients, vendors, employees, managers, and supervisors
• Experience with mobile device development and ESRI Products a plus
Education and Experience:
BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business or a related field, plus a minimum of 5 years of software development experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 178 TTS
Apply on company website