Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Tetra Tech is actively seeking a creative, Mechanical Engineer with 8 to 20 years of experience. The qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career specific to design and construction documentation for mechanical equipment and systems associated with new and existing energy and industrial facilities. In addition, the successful candidate must possess the skills required to successfully handle multiple simultaneous complex tasks, execute project tasks, have a strong work ethic and drive to deliver for customers, and be a collaborative team player. This person will work closely with senior-level engineering staff and assist in the development of design documents including engineering reports, calculations and analysis, drawings, specifications, and engineer's opinion of probable construction costs.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
- Perform complex mechanical and process design on a variety of projects at the direction of the Project Manager.
- Energy generation and energy storage systems at related facilities.
- Industrial and data center facilities.
- Perform mechanical/chemical and thermal process calculations, energy models, life cycle cost analysis with applicable codes and standards.
- Experienced in low carbon and net zero carbon design is desirable.
- Proven ability to develop designs conscious of energy conservation, sustainability and with a knowledge basis of renewable technologies.
- Familiarity with developing specifications using SpecsIntact and MasterSpec.
- Sizing equipment and developing layout.
- Coordinating with other disciplines as well as other internal and external team members (e.g. vendors, clients, and contractors).
- Prepare construction documents.
- Experience with RS Means, and general exposure to construction estimating, is preferred.
- Experience developing Level 1 project schedules, and familiarity using MS Project and/or Primavera P6 is preferred.
- Performing construction assistance in the form of responding to contractor RFIs, reviewing shop drawings, and performing construction site field observations reports and preparing punch lists during various stages of construction.
- Develop proposals and project scopes for energy and industrial projects, work-hour estimates, scheduling and coordination in collaboration with management, sales, project delivery, engineering and discipline representatives.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Hold a Professional Engineering License or ability to obtain within 12 months.
- Knowledge of energy and process mechanical equipment including fans, chillers, cooling towers, boilers, motors, pumps, heat exchangers, reciprocating internal combustion engine (RICE) generators, combustion turbines, wind turbines, solar PV systems, and battery energy storage systems (BESS).
- Excellent leadership, communication, and proficiency with MS Office applications required.
- Able to take charge of project deliverables, make decisions on developing the discipline design elements, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
- Ability to travel as required for client development and project execution.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 450 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 213 CBI
Apply on company website