Our Landfill Gas Construction division offers a unique work environment that specializes in a wide variety of projects where we are drilling for natural gas on landfills, installing new piping to collect the gas, fusing and welding HDPE pipe –allowing the gas to be transported to the power plant. Your role will be to support the project needs, build new gas systems and assisting other team members to conduct:
- New construction of gas wells, piping and gas flares on landfill and coal ash sites.
- Other new construction activities on landfill gas (LFG) and landfill fluids collection systems.
- Assist site supervisors in procurement of materials, equipment, and supplies for projects.
- Understand environmental, health & safety regulations & perform work in compliant manner.
- Ability to do heavy, manual work.
- Ability to walk long distances up and down slopes 1:1, 2:1 and 3:1 slopes.
- Ability to help maneuver, cut, fuse and fit pipe.
- Must be able to work in trenched areas to connect, refit and adjust piping system on landfills.
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a non-consistent basis.
- Work in extreme (hot and cold) weather conditions safely including on very odorous project sites.
- Clean up work areas, clean and fuel vehicles and equipment as necessary.
- Operate general site vehicles and equipment, such as pickup trucks, and smaller equipment.
- Ability to drive a company vehicle for extended periods of time.
- Available to work overtime, nights, weekends, and holidays if necessary.
- Ability to communicate with clients and peers using professional diction.
- Assist site supervisors with the materials and equipment needs and helping to collect supplies for projects.
- Understand operation and maintenance of landfill gas (LFG) and landfill fluids collection systems.
- Perform system construction activities in a safe and proper manner.
- Perform maintenance on system components to ensure or restore proper operation and compliance.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
- Ability to travel for up to 3-6 weeks a time, and potentially stay in hotels rooming with a co-worker.
- 1+ year of experience in decentralized business in construction, outdoor labor, mining and farming industries.
- Ability to work around (not operate) heavy construction equipment (excavators, dozers, road trucks, etc), survey equipment, pipe fusion equipment & techniques, compacting and materials handling equipment.
- Experience on landfill or refuse collection a plus.
- High School Diploma and GED preferred.
- Successfully complete drug screen (required) and baseline physical exam as needed.
- A team player with the ability and willingness to pitch in as needed in areas outside core responsibilities and expertise.
- Working in or around trenches, heavy equipment and pipe fusion equipment.
- Ability to communicate with colleagues, site supervisor and client's site manager including all safety personnel.
- Ability to frequently lift or carry containers, poly pipe, shovel garbage and loose material, work in and around leachate, or loose materials to truck; which may result in twisting, pulling, pushing and bending, depending on the material and collection vehicle type.
- Ability to climb, bend or stand for an extended period of time. Work on 1:1, 2:1, 3:1 slopes. In addition, individuals must be able to reach above shoulders and lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Ability to carry out day-to-day activities on a landfill.
Due to the nature of the position being offered, this offer is contingent upon successful completion of the following:
- A background investigation. Please note that this investigation requires your consent and cooperation.
- You will be required to drive on a regular basis for Company business you must maintain a safe driving record as defined by Tetra Tech's Vehicle Safety program. This offer of employment is contingent upon successful evaluation of a motor vehicle (MVR) check.
- You will be required to successfully pass a uranalysis drug screen. Tetra Tech Solid Waste East is a zero-tolerance drug and alcohol business as such you will be subject to quarterly random drug screens where allowable by law.
- This offer is also contingent on valid proof of completed OSHA 10 Hour Construction certificate as defined by Tetra Tech
- The job offered to you and its associated essential elements of work, you will be required to pass a comprehensive Medical Examination.
- If you have received any health and safety training relevant to this regulation previously, please provide copies of certificates documenting such training.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 209 SWE
Apply on company website