Texas Health and Human Services Job - 40276624 | CareerArc
  Search for More Jobs
Get alerts for jobs like this Get jobs like this tweeted to you
Company: Texas Health and Human Services
Location: Vernon, TX
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Government Administration

Description


LVN – Now offering up to $3,500.00 sign on bonus!! Terms and conditions apply.

Are you ready to be professionally challenged? Are you looking to be part of a dynamic team of engaged and committed professionals? Then the Health and Specialty Care System (HSCS) may be just the place for you! The HSCS is comprised of nine psychiatric hospitals located throughout the state, and one youth residential psychiatric center in Waco. The HSCS is a hub of excellence for forensic mental health and complex psychiatric care, with all facilities accredited by The Joint Commission. The hospitals provide state-of-the-art treatment that is recovery-oriented and science-based. Whether in a direct-care or support role, your contribution will make a difference in the life of a Texan.


The License Vocational Nurse I (LVN I) works 3:00 PM to 11:00PM or 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM with rotating weekends on the Multiple Disabilities Program. There is shift of 10% for night shift and an additional 5% for weekends (total 15% shift differential). There are two shifts available: eight hours or twelve hours.


The LVN I works under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse to provide care and treatment, and to promote the general welfare of those served. Responsibilities include: acknowledging and verifying physician's orders, administering medications, assisting with sick call, providing and/or monitoring treatments, performing screening tests as ordered, collecting specimens for laboratory examination, and scheduling necessary appointments/consultations. The LVN II maintains accountability for controlled medications and for the security of assigned keys. He/she implements established patient/family education plans, provides individual and/or group teaching for patients with specific health maintenance goals, prepares nursing and medical summaries, and meets the documentation requirements as outlined in policy. The LVN II participates in the provision of appropriate psychiatric rehabilitation, models and supports a proactive, recovery oriented approach to treatment with a commitment to a social learning model of care. The LVN II attends change of shift report and communicates relevant information to support continuity of care. He/she is knowledgeable of individual Recovery Plans and actively seeks ways to assist patients to meet their goals as well as communicates vital information to the treatment team in relation to progress or lack thereof, i.e. medication and/or consent refusals. Serves as a preceptor/mentor for LVN students and new nurses. In the absence of the RN, may assume responsibility for patient care and management of the unit, within their scope of practice with RN support via telephone, and immediate on-site availability as needed.


He/she must understand that duties, location of work, and shift pattern are subject to change, as determined by administration, to meet the needs of the hospital.


Completion of work requires moderate supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. The LVN II has no financial responsibility but is accountable for assigned property.


HIPAA Access: Health Care: PHI 1-B. This employee has full access to a limited set of records in accordance with HIPAA regulations.  


 Apply on company website