- Knowledge of company's and specific departmental safety policies.
- Observes and promptly corrects unsafe work conditions and or an employee's unsafe work habits.
- Manages all aspects of Safety in their area including performing accurate, thorough and timely accident investigations and regular safety inspections to ensure all safe practices, equipment and or environment are in use or present.
- Sets a good safety example for the department and the agency.
- Exhibits regular and punctual attendance.
- Mentor staff of SCM, DBT and PBIS principles and philosophy.
- Ensures mandated documentation on milieu interventions with NSP youth.
- Ensures accountability of staff attendance at trainings/workshops.
- Maintains and monitors all crisis management plans, daily program schedule, and any other systems that help promote responsibility, respect and safety.
- Ensures the dignity and worth of all persons at all times by acting with integrity, respect, and courtesy.
- Fairly and accurately represents the organization and its services to the general public.
- Services the identified needs of youth to the best of one's abilities, without knowingly resorting to unnecessary or non-efficacious care or treatment.
- Provides a uniform standard of care and conduct throughout the agency, regardless of the individual's race, age, gender, or sexual preference.
- Preserves the integrity of all clinical decisions and to ensure that such decision-making is not compromised by other considerations.
- Provides therapeutic care and sensitive management of the special needs of residents; when necessary, use of appropriate crisis intervention methods consistent with training guidelines (Safe Crisis management, appropriate use of Life Space Interview practices, Least Restrictive Alternatives of Emergency Safety Physical Interventions).
- Attends treatment conferences and other team meetings.
- Coordinates incident reporting in a timely manner in accordance with agency health and safety standards.
- Supervises staff and youth and takes responsibility for the milieu environment, including but not limited to leisure activities, recreation, groups and activities.
- Models appropriate behaviors (respect for others, appropriate dress, appropriate conflict management, teaching socialization skills, and maintaining appropriate professional boundaries.)
- Exhibits strong leadership skills that maintain the optimal management of the cottage.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year child care experience preferably at a residential treatment center or juvenile corrections facility.
- HSD Required, Some college preferred.
- PSB specific training and experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to manage and promote a therapeutic environment, taking into account the varying clinical needs of each youth.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License
- Must possess exceptional time management and attention to detail skills
Apply on company website