Job Summary: The Patient Financial Counselor educates and assists patients with making informed decisions about payment options and financial arrangements regarding their medical bills. Serves as the liaison between patients and their insurance companies to coordinate payments and answers questions from both parties.
Classification: Full-time, non-exempt position with benefits.
Major Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Provide information to patients on costs, payment methods and alternatives to payments/financial assistance.
- Assist patients to navigate through various facility and provider bills.
- Provide answers to reimbursement questions regarding health plan eligibility, benefit issues, co-pay requirements and medical referral requirements.
- Monitor and collect the financial responsibilities of patients seeking financial counseling.
- Prepare estimates of procedures, calculates payments, and inform patient of acceptable arrangements on balance, both current and previous.
- Negotiate and strategize patient payment arrangements.
- Appropriately document and report payment information, update patient account and balances.
- Establish contract and payment plan with self-pay patients.
- Comply with current rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Apply on company website