DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Are you a service-oriented, patient-focused healthcare leader? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, first-class care facility? Take your career to the next level as an Assistant Director of Patient Access at Woman's Hospital of Texas!
The Woman's Hospital of Texas is the state's premier facility dedicated to the health of women and children offering expertise and an outstanding level of care in breast health, imaging, gynecology, minimally-invasive surgery, infertility, obstetrics, high-risk pregnancy NICU (neonatal intensive care) and pediatrics. We deliver over 800 babies a month, more than any other hospital in Texas, and care for more multiple births than any other hospital in the region.
HCA Healthcare offers multiple health insurance plan options for you to select the coverage that best meets your needs. Choose from medical, vision, and dental plans that accommodate your lifestyle. You can also take advantage of other employee benefits such as the Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Tuition Reimbursement, Student Loan repayment, PTO, Flex Spending both healthcare and childcare, Consumer Discounts and our matching 401(k).
Click on the link and take a look at who we are! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVOab5dh6UQ
As the Assistant Director of Patient Access, you will lead the department in delivering superior care to every patient on every visit. You will assist the Director in daily operations of all Patient Access functions and serve as the liaison between the Shared Service Center (SSC) and the facility.
What you will do in this role:
• Provide a clear understanding to all PTAC staff of what the monthly metric goals are and how the department directly impacts these metrics and share with them what they can do to help improve the statistics/metrics.
• Handle all escalated patient and physician concerns to fullest Patient/Physician satisfaction possible
• Work with leaders in non-PTAC departments to ensure that any new co-workers hired in areas with registration responsibilities have the opportunity to attend the Patient Access training
• Inform the Patient Access Director of any significant issues in the Patient Access area (i.e. preregistration delays, pre-authorization back logs, increased time to register patients, etc.)
• Ensure quality review measurements are in place
• Inform all PTAC and other departments in a timely manner of any Registration process or workflow changes within the HIS system, etc.
• Determines trends in operational performance and identifies process improvement opportunities including but not limited to up-front collections, reduction in insurance unbilled and reduced percentage of error
- Bachelor's degree required; however, the requirement can be waived if currently enrolled in a Bachelor's program.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience with at least 2 of these years in a healthcare management role or successful completion of the Parallon Manager Trainee Program.
Parallon is an industry leader in revenue cycle services. We partner with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nation-wide. Our parent company, HCA Healthcare, has been consistently named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere and is ranked in the Fortune 100. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have the best experience even after they leave our facilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website