DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse – Pediatric to join our family. Come be a part of the change! We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. The Woman's Hospital of Texas – Houston, TX Registered Nurse (RN) – Pediatric The Woman's Hospital of Texas opened in 1976 and ever since has remained the state's premier facility dedicated solely to the health of women and newborn infants. Located near the Texas Medical Center, Woman's offers 397 licensed beds, including a NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) and a full range of women's health services and newborn infants. More than 650 board-certified physicians at Woman's offer their expertise and an outstanding level of quality care in the areas of gynecology, obstetrical care, high-risk pregnancy and minimally invasive surgery. What you will do in this role:
- Under the direction of the Charge Nurse and/or Nurse Manager, responsible and accountable for individual nursing practice and, when applicable, appropriately delegates and supervises tasks to provide optimum patient care.
- Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence, personal and professional growth. - Accurately and completely documents all aspects of care given.
- Demonstrates awareness of the unique position and method of dealing with customers.
- Participates in establishing, maintaining, and improving patient's health care goals through patient assessment, planning and implementation of nursing interventions and evaluation of patient outcomes.
- Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on the unit and with other service areas.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness.
- Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
- Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
- Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, business office, and medical records) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
- Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
- Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the unit.
QualificationsWhat qualifications you will need:
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing is required
- Current RN license in Texas required
- BLS certified required
- ACLS required
- NRP required
- TNCC required
- Certified Pediatric Nurse (CPN) or Pediatric Critical Care Nurse (PCCN) preferred
- Pediatric Unit experience preferred
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website