Midwifery and OB/GYN practice in the beautiful Finger Lakes region of Upstate, New York seeks an additional Certified Nurse Midwife!
Presently, Canandaigua Medical Group has three midwives and five physicians. The practice is looking for an additional midwife to join a proven shared practice model. This is an opportunity for full score midwife practice in a community where you are truly caring for your neighbors. Join a supportive team who are open to helping a new graduate grow.
* Three clinic days
* One 24 hour call shift with two 24 hour call shifts monthly
Join a wonderful community to build your life and a wonderful hospital to build your career!
- Lives the CARES values at all times.
- This individual is responsible for the review and exam of patients in OB/GYN office setting.
- This individual is responsible for the management of normal pregnancies, childbirth and postpartum care (consistent with NYS Article 140, section 6951 Schedule B.)
- This individual will perform newborn evaluation and resuscitation, as needed.
The midwife will perform assessment and treatment of a wide variety of problems to include, but not limited to: Vaginal infections, Pelvic Pain, Abnormal bleeding, Pre-term labor, SRM (spontaneous rupture of membranes), Labor checks, Infertility, OB checks, Birth control, STD's (sexually transmitted diseases), Condyloma, IUD insertion, Endometrial biopsies, Pessary fitting and management and postpartum care.
- Required: Must possess an unrestricted New York Midwife license.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to form collaborative partnerships across all service settings.
- Must be authorized to prescribe and administer drugs in the state of New York.
- Proficient in the use of Electronic Medical Records (EPIC).
- Must possess a Master's Degree or higher and have graduated from a state approved midwife program.
Thompson Health is an EOE encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply
Apply on company website