The Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer is an individual qualified by professional credentialing and academic and clinical experience to provide diagnostic patient care services using ultrasound and related diagnostic procedures. This is a full time, day position including an excellent total compensation package and state of the art equipment! Be heard. Be seen. Be supported. Know that you are valued and that you reaching your highest potential helps us reach ours. Explore the Thompson difference and apply today!
Required Job Specific Competencies:
- The cardiac sonographer will perform a variety of technical procedures in the application of high frequency ultrasound waves to patients for diagnostic purposes. Exercises a high degree of precision, skill and judgment. Has a sound knowledge of cardiology, Doppler physics/instrumentation, echocardiography, and other noninvasive diagnostic cardiac testing.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and exhibits flexibility in decision making and prioritizing assignments.
- Demonstrates ability to develop/maintain collaborative working relationships with all health system teams & medical staff.
- Actively guards the confidentiality of sensitive info including but not limited to the patients, staff and the health system.
- Previous experience with various non-invasive diagnostic cardiac testing preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret each patient's requirements relative to age-specific needs and to the care of the patient.
- Demonstrates computer knowledge and skills including but not limited to the various eRecord and McKesson modules involved in scheduling, ordering, resulting and charging cardiology examinations.
- Actively supports hospital goals and imperatives and lives the CARES values at all times.
- RDCS or RCS or Registry Eligible
- Satisfactory completion of an accredited ultrasonic training program or equivalent clinical/technical experience required.
- 4 year college degree
- Previous experience in health care setting required. Cardiac knowledge and experience preferred.
Thompson Health is an EOE encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Apply on company website