Job DescriptionThe Transwestern family of companies together comprise a privately held, diversified real estate services, investment and development organization.
A unique approach underlies our success. We do business differently by empowering our team members with the resources and independence to deliver extraordinary results to our clients. It's simple. We start with hiring hard-working, smart, genuinely good people, and organize them in collaborative cross-functional teams. We give them the support to outperform and the freedom to take ownership as they work to exceed our clients' expectations. We do business differently, and that makes us Transwestern.
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for working directly with the property and engineering management in implementing and maintaining the energy management, preventive maintenance, quality standards, operating objectives, and goals of the owner and Transwestern (TW). This must be done in a manner that not only protects, but also maximizes the value of the property.
The Maintenance Mechanic's contact with tenants, prospective tenants, owners, and vendors is to be guided by the highest professional standards including positive, supportive, friendly behavior and legendary service.
- Assist with troubleshooting and repairs of building and installing systems to include: packaging and handling machinery, plumbing systems, kitchen equipment, roofs, drains, shop, grounds equipment and HVAC.
- Clean, lubricate and service a wide variety of pumps, valves, pneumatic controls, electrical, mechanical and hydraulic devices.
- Assist with installation and modification of building equipment systems.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and make recommendations to upgrade maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities.
- Possess competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in facility and ground maintenance.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns.
- Inspect buildings, ground and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions.
- Inspect new installation for compliance with building codes and safety regulations.
- Maintain and operate life safety/fire systems.
- Perform welding, carpentry and snow removal when necessary.
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years building maintenance experience.
- Must have a thorough understanding of HVAC, electrical and building automation systems.
- Must possess basic computer skills, ability to operate Windows based software.
- Ability to interpret mechanical and electrical blueprints and schematics.
- Require working knowledge of systems from 12 volts to 480 volts and battery-supplied power.
- Manage own time on a daily basis with little supervision.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects, changing priorities and continually heavy workloads.
- Maybe required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments).
- Include stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pumps, tools, ladders) and ability to safely install rigging/lifting device.
- Lift and carry objects of up to 50 pounds for distances of up to 30 feet.
- May require shift work and/or on call duties.
APPLY TODAY to be a part of an energetic and motivated team of professionals!
Transwestern offers an exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(K) plan. Transwestern is an equal opportunity employer. No agencies or phone calls please.
Apply on company website