Job DescriptionThe Transwestern companies together comprise a privately held, diversified real estate services, investment management and development organization.
A unique approach underlies our success. We do business differently by empowering our team members with the resources and independence to deliver extraordinary results to our clients. It's simple. We start with hiring hard-working, smart, genuinely good people, and organize them in collaborative cross-functional teams. We give them the support to outperform and the freedom to take ownership as they work to exceed our clients' expectations. We do business differently, and that makes us Transwestern.
The Senior Property Accountant is responsible for accounting duties for assigned Properties that includes, but is not limited to, preparing financial reports and development draws, entering accrual and cash journal entries, reviewing operating statements and balance sheet, payable reviews, as well as performing reconciliations. The Senior Property Accountant ensures accuracy, consistency and adherence to GAAP or any other standard required by equity partner (tax, IFRS). This position also utilizes assigned real estate accounting software (e.g., Yardi) to perform required tasks.
In addition, the Senior Property Accountant also works with the accounting team and developers to ensure that all reporting deadlines are met, e.g., monthly operating reports, development draws, annual budgets, etc., and that all property owner policies and procedures are consistently and accurately followed.
It is also the responsibility of the Senior Property Accountant to deliver the Transwestern Experience when interacting and communicating with tenants, owners, vendors and fellow team members.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for development properties – including general ledger review, monthly journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, and provide a detailed review, while ensuring the financials are properly stated and all supporting schedules are valid.
- Prepare monthly development draws – including gathering invoices and applicable lien waivers, recording and submitting monthly packages for funding, and ensuring all vendors get paid.
- Prepare acquisition and disposition entries for project sales.
- Review and abstract JV, development, and loan agreements to understand projects and properly account for all requirements.
- Review and/or prepare bank reconciliations each month for all bank accounts assigned.
- Analyze lease commissions, tenant allowances, and other capital items for proper classifications and appropriateness.
- Coordinate with outside accountants during annual audits.
- Communicate effectively with clients, internal and external auditors, tax preparers and team members as required.
- Submit timely monthly financial packages to the Accounting Manager and Developer.
- Perform or assume additional client accounting duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 2-5 years of experience in real estate accounting.
- Working knowledge of financial terms and principles including knowledge of current accounting methods (cash and basic accruals). Ability to apply generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Applicable experience in real estate accounting software packages, preferably Yardi and MRI.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe.
- Demonstrate strong analytical capabilities with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, changing priorities and demanding, time-sensitive, work load(s).
- Ability to receive general work supervision/be self-managed/work independently.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to keep information and internal communications confidential.
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% or more of the time/constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
APPLY TODAY to be a part of an energetic and motivated team of professionals!
Transwestern offers an exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(K) plan. Transwestern is an equal opportunity employer. No agencies or phone calls please.
Apply on company website