Job DescriptionThe Transwestern family of companies together comprise a privately held, diversified real estate services, investment and development organization.
A unique approach underlies our success. We do business differently by empowering our team members with the resources and independence to deliver extraordinary results to our clients. It's simple. We start with hiring hard-working, smart, genuinely good people, and organize them in collaborative cross-functional teams. We give them the support to outperform and the freedom to take ownership as they work to exceed our clients' expectations. We do business differently, and that makes us Transwestern.
The Technology Advisor will provide IT support and mentoring to Transwestern team members. This role also includes participation in nationwide initiatives designed to leverage technology to improve team member productivity and user experience.
Ideal candidates would have a background in end user support, software installation, IT administration, PC implementation and basic IT security. In addition, candidate will have a background that includes hands on experience in troubleshooting hardware, software, and network-related issues.
It is the responsibility of the Technology Advisor to provide exemplary customer service in all interactions with fellow employees, tenants, owners, and vendors.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via corporate communications in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department/property, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- Provide technical software, hardware and network problem resolution to national users by performing question/problem diagnosis and guiding users through step-by-step solutions in both a call center environment and end user physical locations.
- Clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to the final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Identify and pass more complex end-user problems on to level two or level three support.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, and configuring systems and applications.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Provide one-on-one end-user training as needed.
- Assist with developing documentation and knowledge base articles for end users.
- IT-Related Certifications (A+, Network +, MCP, ITIL Foundation, HDI)
- Assist other IT resources as needed.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
- High School diploma or equivalent, and/or one year work experience in related field required.
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware.
- Experience with desktop operating systems including Windows OS, Mac OS X and mobile device operating systems, including Android and IOS.
- Extensive application support experience.
- Prior experience providing IT support in a call center environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Work schedule may vary depending on business needs.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and handle other computer components as required.
APPLY TODAY to be a part of an energetic and motivated team of professionals!
Transwestern offers an exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(K) plan. Transwestern is an equal opportunity employer. No agencies or phone calls please.
Apply on company website