The Business Systems Analyst provides primary operational support for the organization's core financial systems deployed on a variety of operating systems, database systems, and transaction processing systems. This includes providing support for the core systems and associated subsystems, including applications, operating systems, hardware, software, back-office functions, and production schedules. Additionally, performs structured analysis with an emphasis on evaluating, trending, and improving workflow, processing efficiency, availability, integrity, and maintenance in a 24x7 processing environment.
- Ensures new technical and business requirements are properly integrated with existing processes and skill sets by defining and analyzing systems, developing testing standards, evaluating problems, and implementing solutions.
- Administers and supports in-house developed and 3rd party applications.
- Identifies, understands, and plans for organizational and human impacts of planned systems and systems and system changes.
- Coordinates the installation of computer programs and systems.
- Develops, documents, and revises system design procedures, test procedures, operations manual and runbooks, and quality standards.
- Collects, analyzes and develops reports for historical performance and outage issues experienced in the environment, including conducting root cause analysis.
- Creates and updates communications and incident management plans to streamline the coordination of trouble ticket resolution.
- Assists in troubleshooting system, application, program, data synchronization, and data transformation issues.
- Reviews change requests to ensure facilitation of the Communication and Change Management processes.
- Assesses the usefulness of pre-developed application packages and adapts them to a user environment.
- Engages in and assists with the development of written reports using a variety of tools and languages (e.g. SQL, Powershell, SSRS, Tableau, etc.).
- Develops custom reports, forms and letters integrated with the transaction processing system.
- Provides customer support, training and problems analysis for software applications.
- Assists in the maintenance of DNA Core environments including, but not limited to, database refreshes, roll of business date, report generations, extracts, file transfers, etc.
Skills & Abilities:
- Skilled in analyzing interpreting and solving diverse problems.
- Skilled in identifying key or important elements of the assignment, anticipating potential problems and taking steps to avoid them.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure situations.
- Ability to learn vendor supplied tools for application configuration and support.
- Ability to understand application data models.
- Ability to develop appropriate environments (e.g. Test, production) in support of applications.
- Ability to utilize application and desktop SQL reporting tools at an expert level.
- Ability to design processes for the efficient support of the application.
- Ability to assume responsibility and to work flexible hours on a limited basis.
- Ability to initiate, plan, execute and close phases of projects.
- Ability to function without close supervision.
- Committed to quality and integrity.
- Demonstrates good judgment and self-confidence.
Apply on company website