St. Francis Medical Center (SFMC) has an excellent full time employment opportunity for a Board Certified Internal Medicine physician to join the faculty within the Department of Medicine located in Trenton, New Jersey.
The selected Internal Medicine physician will provide Leadership, Teaching, Evaluation, Clinical and Administrative duties for the Internal Medicine Residency program. Some specific responsibilities of the Internal Medicine Faculty members are as follows:
- Supervise associate third year chiefs with respect to conference development, scheduling simulation evaluation activities and standardized patient activities.
- Counsel residents and act as a resident advisor mentor.
- Mediate resident conflicts.
- Conduct Morning Report (Intake Rounds) and Sign Out Rounds
- Perform mincex's and observed evaluations of internal medicine residents.
- Deliver lectures and conferences as assigned-At least one didactic lecture/week
- Provide resident performance feedback and appraisal as assigned.
- Evaluate residents using New Innovations in a timely manner as determined by program director.
- Utilize Milestone documents and EPAS in evaluating residents
- Provide clinical practice and preceptor supervision as a junior faculty member as delineated in department procedures and resident handbook. This includes inpatient faculty service, medical continuity clinic, and medical consults.
- Provide overnight, weekend, and holiday coverage in rotation with other faculty members.
- Provide administrative coverage in rotation with faculty members.
- Submit appropriate documentation for patient services.
- Perform Scholarly Activity as delineated by ACGME accreditation requirements.
- Serve on Committees as assigned by Chair and Associate Program Director of Department of Medicine.
- Attend faculty and Department of Medicine meetings.
- Assist third year chiefs with scheduling and maintaining ACGME work and Duty hours.
- Monitor resident PTO time and personal days in conjunction with program coordinator
- Assist Program Director and Associate Program Director with Curriculum review and development.
- Assist Program Director and Associate Program Director in maintaining accurate attendance reports
- Participate in preparation for ACGME, Cler, and program accreditation site visits
- Assist residents and faculty in developing research projects, Cler performance improvement projects, and training a resident ACP College Bowl competition team
- Cover faculty for scheduled and unscheduled absences as needed
- Attend professional CME meetings as assigned and attend medical Grand Rounds as scheduled.
- Participate in Recruitment
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Chair and Program Director.
An excellent compensation and benefits package is available for the right candidate.
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental, Life, Disability and Malpractice Insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off (including sick, vacation and holidays)
- CME stipend and paid time off
- License, CDS and DEA certification reimbursement
St. Francis Medical Center (SFMC) - Located in Trenton, New Jersey SFMC services patients in Trenton, Mercer County, Bordentown, Burlington County, New Jersey and Bucks County in Pennsylvania. We offer a full range of services and state-of-the-art medical technology to support the health of our community, including quality medical care and holistic approaches to heal the mind, body and spirit that treat every patient with dignity.
St. Francis Medical Center was founded in 1874 by the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia as Trentons first hospital. Today, it is an acute care teaching hospital with more than 300 medical staff physicians representing all specialties and a member of the Trinity Health System. Known as the Heart Hospital, St. Francis is Mercer Countys only comprehensive cardiac surgery program. Our advanced and comprehensive cardiovascular services include the only minimally invasive, robotic cardiac surgery in Mercer County as well as a new hybrid lab which combines the imaging capabilities of a cardiac catheterization lab with the sterile environment of a conventional operating room. Other programs include the Regional Cancer Center; Compassionate Care Hospice; Behavioral Health; an accredited Sleep Disorders Center; and a designated primary stroke center. LIFE St. Francis, A Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), was the first program of its kind in the State of New Jersey. Additionally, the Wound Care Center, features a hyperbaric oxygen therapy chamber and the hospital has a newly renovated walk in clinic, an Imaging Center featuring a 64-Slice CT Scanner and offers digital mammography. St. Francis is also home to the School of Nursing and School of Radiological Technology, in addition to several primary care and specialty practices known as LIFE Care Physicians.
At St. Francis Medical Center, we are committed to outstanding patient care, community outreach and patient education.
For more information on SFMC please visit http://www.stfrancismedical.org/.
Trenton, New Jersey - the capital of New Jersey and the county seat of Mercer County, Trenton has a population of almost 85,000 people.
Located in central New Jersey, Trenton enjoys a prime location that is within an hours drive of New York City, Philadelphia, and the Jersey Shore. We are also in close proximity to destinations such as Six Flag Great Adventure and the quaint downtown of Princeton.
Major roadways provide easy access to our city, such as the New Jersey Turnpike, Interstate Highways 195 and 295, U.S. Highways 130 and 206 and State Highways 33 and 29, as well as convenient rail access to New York City along the NJ Transit's Northeast Corridor Line.
For more information on Hamilton please visit http://www.trentonnj.org/
ABOUT TRINITY HEALTH
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. We serve people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast with more than 90 hospitals and 100 continuing care facilities including home care, hospice, PACE and senior living facilities and programs that provide
nearly two and a half million visits annually. Trinity Health employs more than 133,000 colleagues, including 7,800 employed physicians and clinicians.
OPPORTUNITY HIGHLIGHTS St. Francis Medical Center (SFMC) has an excellent full time employment opportunity for a Board...
Apply on company website