Tufts Medical Center and Tufts Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) are seeking an Internal Medicine Physician researcher to join our Boston-based Primary Care and Clinical and Translational Science Center (CTRC) teams at the main hospital campus. The Internal Medicine Physician Researcher will split his/her time between a physician practice in the Department of Internal Medicine and leading research efforts for the Tufts CTRC.
This position is ideal for those with clinical and translational research experience who are finishing training or those who are looking to advance their careers and make a change.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Physician Practice, Department of Internal Medicine, Tufts Medical Center (50% effort):
Providers have the support of a 40+ physician practice but the collegiality of a tight knit group as physicians work in smaller teams. Generous support is in place with Social Workers onsite, Nurse Practitioners managing complex care patients, and Physician Assistants dedicated towards population health goals and opioid patient support. Other support onsite includes Coumadin Clinic, nursing staff, administrative coordinators and medical assistants. The Physician Researcher will join a clinically-renowned system devoted to delivering high quality care at a lower cost to patients. We encourage and support each physician to pursue their clinical, academic, and educational interests. With a large 75 person Internal Medicine residency program, a passion for teaching is essential.
Lead Physician Researcher, Tufts CTRC (50% effort):
An important part of the Tufts Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI), the Tufts CTRC conducts a wide range of industry-sponsored and investigator-initiated clinical studies, including Phase I studies in research with participants across the lifespan in outpatient and inpatient settings.
The CTRC Lead Physician Researcher is a new role primarily intended to grow industry-sponsored research at Tufts. The role will be part of a team to develop, implement, manage, and administer pediatric and adult clinical research trial protocols in the CTRC. The Lead Physician Researcher will interface with inpatient and outpatient facilities, Departments, and personnel to assure a collaborative environment and high-quality research outcomes. Assisting with the planning and delivery of participant evaluations in the CTRC, the Lead Physician Researcher will use the physician process, adhere to the standards of medical practice, and will translate the philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of the hospital and medical service into effective action. Close coordination and interaction with topic experts who will serve as co-PIs or sub-Investigators will be essential.
The ideal candidate will be flexible, organized, and function well under stressful situations. Principal duties and essential functions include:
- Serves as Principal Investigator (PI) or Co-PI to oversee all aspects of the conduct of clinical trials conducted in the CTRC or at Tufts Medical Center and, possibly, across Wellforce with the primary focus on supporting industry-sponsored clinical trials.
- Ensures a culture of patient safety in the CTRC; teaches and oversees implementation of best practices that promote a focus on safety in a clinical research environment.
- Collaborates with other members of the unit management team in developing practice guidelines, competencies, and unit specific procedures.
- Provides consultation to participants, family members, and staff as issues arise regarding the participant's experience.
- Uses the quality assurance and performance improvement process to assess the response to medical care from participants, families, and others.
- Assists in preparing study budgets.
- Ensure that all clinical study activities comply with Good Clinical Practice guidelines.
- Coordinates and conducts study-specific activities in consultation with Co-PI physicians with expertise in a variety of diverse therapeutic areas.
- Reviews proposed research protocols (phase I through phase IV) with Principal Investigators (PIs) and the CTRC Scientific Director and Associate Director, to assess feasibility; recommends modifications intended to facilitate successful conduct of studies.
- Oversees maintenance of compliant study documentation.
- Coordinates and conducts participant evaluations, data collection, and specimen collection to ensure participants' needs are met and hospital policy is followed.
- Provides instructions to research participants to foster compliance with the study protocol.
- Supports CTRC staff in the execution of delegated study activities.
- Provides guidance and on-site supervision and conducts participant evaluations for Tufts Medical Center study coordinators Wellforce satellite sites and other to ensure patient safety, compliance with policies, and study objectives
As an employee of Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization you will receive:
- Guaranteed Base Salary
- Academic Appointment through Tufts University School of Medicine
- Substantive 401A retirement plan
- CME Funds and Time Away
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy
- Robust Benefits Package
Tufts Medical Center and Tufts Clinical and Translational Science Institute (...
Apply on company website