The UAMS Registered Nurse delivers nursing care for patients in within the limits of the Nurse Practice Act of the State of Arkansas and adheres to institutional policies, procedures and standards. The RN is responsible to adhere to the standard of care defined by UAMS, ANA, and Standards for specialty patient population with support and mentoring by other team members.
- Collects and documents assessment data.
- Develops a Plan of Care (POC) per standard.
- Implements POC including medical order and interdisciplinary approach.
- Evaluates the progress of patient toward attainment of desired outcomes.
- Provides effective patient/family education/discharge planning.
- Administers medication per standard including drug information to patients/families.
- Acts as a resource/supports others.
- Delivers patient care using the principles of the defined nursing modality.
- Delegates care based on UAMS standards, legal and regulatory requirements, specific job description and individual level of education and training.
- Contributes to a positive work environment that is conducive to clinical education while serving as a resource for student nurses and staff.
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program with Associates Degree, Nursing Diploma, Bachelors in Nursing, or Master's in Nursing.
- Valid RN License.
- Minimum of 1 year Registered Nursing experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong work ethics and accountability.
- 2 or more years nursing experience with current BLS.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background and registry check and drug screen. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (501) 686-6432 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Apply on company website