Join UChicago Medicine as an Advanced Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) within the Neurosurgery Unit. As the Neurosurgery Advanced Practice Provider (APP), you will manage our general neurosurgery and consultative neurosurgery patients and leverage knowledge of critical neurological conditions to care for the adult and pediatric patient populations.
Sign-On Bonus Eligible.
Our adult and pediatric Neurosurgery clinical teams have expertise in the treatment of many neurological disorders, including:
- Brain and spinal cord injuries
- Brain infections (encephalitis and meningitis)
- Brain swelling
- Brain tumors
- Nerve and muscle problems that affect breathing, such as myasthenia gravis and Guillain-Barré syndrome
- Status epilepticus
- Any catastrophic disorder affecting neurologic function
As an Advanced Practice Provider, you will be responsible for comprehensive direct patient care management. In this role, the APP will manage a caseload of patients and exercise autonomous decision-making in assessing, diagnosing, and initiating delegated medical treatments. The scope of practice includes family support, discharge planning, staff education, consultation, and research. The APP is also responsible for planning, organizing, and directing patient care efforts collaborating with medical and surgical physicians and other team members.
Nurse Practitioner (NP) Required Qualifications
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Current and/or eligibility for State of Illinois RN and APN licensure/registration
- Certified as a Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurse's Credentialing Center or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Ability to qualify for Illinois and DEA prescribing numbers
Physician Assistant (PA) Required Qualifications
- Completion of an accredited (Physician Assistant) educational program
- Certification by the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Current and/or eligibility for State of Illinois licensure/registration
- Certification in ACLS
- Job Type/FTE: Registry (0.1)
- Shift: Rotating / 12-hour shifts
- Unit/Department: Neurology Intensive Care Unit
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Must comply with UCMC's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Apply on company website