Join UChicago Medicine, as a Anesthesia Machine and Equipment Specialist in our Anesthesiology Department.
As Anesthesia Machine and Equipment Specialist, you will be responsible for maintaining and repairing all fixed and portable equipment used in the delivery of anesthesia care, including assessment of risk and management of physical inventory.
In this role, the Specialist is responsible for documenting and organizing all logs and records associated with upholding regulatory compliance standards. Along with the Anesthesia Technician team, serves as primary responder to all anesthesia machine and equipment-related emergencies in the operating rooms.
Essential Job Functions
- Troubleshoots and repairs all anesthesia-related machines and equipment with minimal assistance or direct supervision.
- Performs scheduled preventive maintenance and safety testing on anesthesia equipment as scheduled by manufacturer and as directed by departmental policies.
- Documents all scheduled: preventive maintenance, safety testing, repairs and results according to Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care policies.
- Responds to provider or technician requests for assistance and/or troubleshooting of anesthesia machines and equipment.
- Maintains Anesthesia Shop; orders and organizes all inventories of: parts, PM kits, tools, and testing equipment.
- Completes regular rounding in Operating Room areas to evaluate environment of care issues, and to assess daily equipment readiness.
- Provides anesthesia machine and equipment training to all technicians and clinicians.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- High school diploma
- Minimum of three years related experience
- Within first six months of employment, factory training for maintenance of Drager and General Electric/Datex-Ohmeda anesthesia machines will be required
- Certified Anesthesia Technician is preferred
- Manufacturer-issued certification for maintenance of Drager and General Electric/Datex-Ohmeda anesthesia machines preferred
- Job Type/FTE: Full-time
- Shift: Rotate
- CBA Code: Non-Union
- Click here to learn more about UChicago Medicine
- Click here to learn more about our benefits
- Click here to explore other career opportunities at UChicago Medicine
Apply on company website