Be a part of a world-class academic health-care system at UChicago Medicine as a EKG Technician in the Pediatric Heart Station Department.
The EKG Technician perform EKGs, holter monitors, exercise stress EKGs, pacemaker telephone telemetry monitoring, pacemaker programming, tilt table testing and event monitors.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure proper ordering of all EKGs and monitoring in Epic.
- Transmit all EKGs by modem to Muse and ensure proper downloading of holter/event monitoring.
- Perform EKGs and holter/event monitoring as ordered by MD.
- Distribute tracings and data of all procedures to physicians for interpretation.
- Edit EKG reports into the Muse computerized system and holter/event monitoring in LifeWatch.
- Keep a log of all procedures on a daily basis and supply administrative assistant with statistics at the end of each month.
- Prepare appropriate charge slips for each procedure performed and give to secretary for billing within six calendar days.
- Assist in pediatric cardiology out patient clinic as needed. Make sure the flow of patients runs smoothly and assist physicians with medical and clerical necessities.
- Keep track of inventory and order supplies for the heart station.
- Keep policies and procedures for heart station up to date.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of EKG and at least 1 year experience
- Proven interpersonal skills in order to interact with a diverse population and varying ages of customers
- Pediatric Experience
- Job Type/FTE: Registry, 0.1 FTE, 10 hours per week
- Shift: 2 5-hour shifts or 1 10-hour shift, includes covering on-call every other weekend during daytime hours
- Unit/Department: Pediatric Heart Station
- CBA Code: Non-Union
In this role, we anticipate that you will generally work approximately 40 hours per week. We anticipate that you will generally be scheduled to work 5 or 10 hour shift, between the times of 8a-6p and will not be scheduled for on-call shifts. The days of the week that you are scheduled will vary depending on the week, but we anticipate that you will be scheduled to work on weekends (Saturday and/or Sunday) only every other week.
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website