Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
EKG Technician- Hyde Park -Regisry, Rotating
377440-Heart Station Peds
We're hiring for a EKG Technician to work Registry on our main Hyde Park campus.
The EKG performs EKGs, holter monitors, exercise stress EKGs and event monitors.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure proper ordering of all EKGs and monitoring in Epic.
- Perform EKGs and holter/event monitoring as ordered by MD.*
- Transmit all EKGs by modem to Muse and ensure proper downloading of holter/event monitoring. Including partnering with off-sites, and other partnering facilities
- Distribute tracings and data of all procedures to physicians for interpretation.
- Troubleshoot equipment barriers
- Edit EKG reports into the Muse computerized system and holter/event monitoring in LifeWatch.
- Keep a log of all procedures on a daily basis and supply administrative assistant with statistics at the end of each month.
- Assist in pediatric cardiology outpatient clinic. Make sure the flow of patients runs smoothly and assist physicians with medical necessities.
- Keep track of inventory and order supplies for the heart station.
- Keep policies and procedures for heart station up to date.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of EKG and two years' experience required
- EKG training/EKG certificate preferred
- Proven interpersonal skills in order to interact with a diverse population and varying ages of customers.
Located in Historic Hyde Park, UChicago Medicine is a not-for-profit integrated and academic health system of hospital and physician services, providing world class care since 1927. UChicago Medicine operates four hospitals and a state-of-the-art ambulatory-care facility located within a medical center campus of twenty interconnected buildings, along with several satellite facilities situated throughout Chicago's south suburbs. In addition, Ingalls Memorial Hospital is located outside of the main medical campus in Harvey, IL. Today, UChicago Medicine and Biological Sciences Division, including Ingalls Memorial Hospital encompass over 800 beds and employ nearly 12,000 people, which includes more than 800 attending physicians, 1100 residents and fellows, and 2,600 nurses.
UChicago Medicine's mission is to provide superior health care in a compassionate manner, ever mindful of each patient's dignity and individuality. UChicago Medicine has established a market identity “At the Forefront of Medicine”, and has consistently been able to attract a critical mass of talented physicians, healthcare professionals and staff to treat the most complex clinical problems. In recognition of this excellence, U.S. News and World Report rank many of our programs as among the best in the United States.
Bring your career to the next level as a EKG Technician in a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront. University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence HERE!
For more information, please contact Meredith.Andrews@uchospitals.edu
Apply on company website