Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system at UChicago Medicine as an LPN/Licensed Practical Nurse in the Dermatology clinic. In this role you will partner with the rest of the clinical team to provide patients the highest quality of care. The dermatology clinic has extensive experience diagnosing, treating, and preventing a wide range of skin conditions, from common rashes and moles to complex skin cancers and autoimmune disorders.
In this role, the Licensed Practical Nurse performs a wide variety of nursing care services to patients under the direct supervision of a registered nurse or physician. Such services can be therapeutic or diagnostic procedures and/or administration of medication.
Essential Job Functions:
- Clinical Practice: Assess patient condition prior to and after treatments and procedures. Documents observations. Notifies physician if patient condition is unstable. Perform vital signs and other clinical responsibilities.
- Leadership: Consistently communicates with registered nurses, multidisciplinary team members and physicians to enhance quality of patient care and ambulatory care activities.
- Behavioral & Performance Standards: Knows and practices The University of Chicago Hospitals Pride Values and Patient Centered Care Definition and Principles. Practices "teamwork" to create a positive work environment. Strives to anticipate the needs of our patients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Hold an active & current LPN license in the State of Illinois
- Hold an active CPR certification and completion of a Pharmacological course & exam
- The knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriately to patients
- Previous experience in dermatology or photo therapy & procedure
- The required knowledge and skill acquired may be from an outpatient/ambulatory setting
- Job Type/FTE: Part Time (0.8 FTE)
- Shift: Days – 8 hour shift
- Unit/Department: Dermatology
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website