Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
Nurse Anesthetist, Anesthesiology, Full-time, Rotate Shift, Hyde Park, Illinois
We're hiring a Nurse Anesthetist for a full-time shift at our main campus in Hyde Park, Illinois!
Shift: This position can be flexed primarily to evenings should that be a preference.
As a Nurse Anesthetist you will provide patient care and support throughout the perioperative period and function as a member of the anesthesia care team. This can include perioperative assessment and sedation, administration and management of anesthetic, and discontinuation of the anesthetic and postoperative management. Major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job include but not limited to the following:
- Performs preoperative assessment of the patient, which includes chart review, pre-Op patient interview, history and physical if necessary, and establishes an anesthesia plan based on findings and discussion with the surgeon and attending anesthesiologist.
- Demonstrates an expert proficiency in airway management, which includes mask ventilation, laryngeal mask ventilation, and endotracheal intubation.
- In collaboration with the attending anesthesiologist, the CRNA will demonstrate proficiency in the management of the induction, maintenance, and emergence of anesthesia.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the management and/or placement of current monitoring techniques and procedures in the perioperative period which include but are not limited to: ECG placement and interpretation, arterial line placement, central line catheters, pulmonary artery catheters, transesophageal echocardiography, peripheral nerve stimulators.
- Records all pertinent perioperative events on the patient's chart and anesthesia record.
- Transports patients postoperatively to an appropriate location based on anesthetic technique and patient's condition, and reports the patient's condition and anesthetic concerns to the appropriate clinician
Nurse Anesthetist Education and Experience Requirements
- Current Illinois RN and APN Licensure
- BSN Required
- BLS and ACLS certificate required
- Must be a graduate of an A.A.N.A approved nurse anesthesia program
- Pass the National Certification Examination following graduation
- Must be certified or certification-eligible by the A.A.N.A
- Must be certified or certification-eligible by the NBCRNA
- Graduation with a minimum of a master's degree from a nurse anesthesia educational program accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs
- A minimum of one year full-time work experience, or its part-time equivalent, as a registered nurse in a critical care setting
- Must maintain certification through continuing education
Located in Historic Hyde Park, UChicago Medicine is a not-for-profit integrated and academic health system of hospital and physician services, providing world class care since 1927. UChicago Medicine operates four hospitals and a state-of-the-art ambulatory-care facility located within a medical center campus of twenty interconnected buildings, along with several satellite facilities situated throughout Chicago's south suburbs. In addition, Ingalls Memorial Hospital is located outside of the main medical campus in Harvey, IL. Today, UChicago Medicine and Biological Sciences Division, including Ingalls Memorial Hospital encompass over 800 beds and employ nearly 12,000 people, which includes more than 800 attending physicians, 1100 residents and fellows, and 2,600 nurses.
UChicago Medicine's mission is to provide superior health care in a compassionate manner, ever mindful of each patient's dignity and individuality. UChicago Medicine has established a market identity “At the Forefront of Medicine”, and has consistently been able to attract a critical mass of talented physicians, healthcare professionals and staff to treat the most complex clinical problems. In recognition of this excellence, U.S. News and World Report rank many of our programs as among the best in the United States.
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics
Apply on company website