Oncology Nurse Navigator
University of Chicago Medicine
Subspecialty: Developmental Therapeutics (DT) Program
Location: Hyde Park
Shift: 40 hours per week (1.0) / Day Shift / 8-hr Shifts
Under the direction of a faculty sponsor and in collaboration with the program support team, coordinates the care of patients through the disease process. Acts as a clinical liaison for patients, across medical services and clinical departments. Assesses clinical, emotional, spiritual, psycho-social, financial, and other patient needs. Evaluates and manages patient symptoms before during and after treatment.
- Registered Nurse with a current Illinois license
- Graduate of a National League for Nursing accredited School of Nursing with BSN
- Oncology Certified Nurse preferred. Oncology Nursing Society Chemotherapy Provider preferred
- Minimum of two years hematology/oncology clinical nursing experience with demonstrated clinical competence in patient care, teaching and management of patients with a cancer diagnosis, and knowledge about clinical aspects of oncology including protocol therapy and data management
- Must have general computer skills and be adaptable to changing working situations and work assignments
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, with specific ability to communicate effectively with patients, family members, and physicians
- Illinois nursing license required
- OCN Certification preferred
- ONS Chemotherapy Provider preferred
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront,
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website