UCM Care Network
Shift: Full-Time / First-Shift
Location: Streeterville, Gold Coast
UCM Care Network seeking a Certified Phlebotomoist. The role will be responsible for drawing blood from outpatients under minimal supervision. Includes patient and order verification, generation of specimen collection labels, and instruction for random urine collection.
Performs venipuncture and skin punctures with expertise and in a customer service oriented fashion, adhering to all established policies and procedures. Conducts on-site laboratory tests on specimens as required.
Properly prepares, labels and packages specimens for delivery through pneumatic tube system
Stocks blood drawing area and inventories supplies for reordering. Cleans/sterilizes equipment, instruments, and work area following safety, cleanliness, and infection control procedures.
Administers glucose tolerance tests and schedules subsequent draws according to dosage times
Provides accurate collection instructions for random urine specimens and process according to policies.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Training in phlebotomy from an accredited program; 3-4 years of practical experience with references.
• Thorough knowledge of asepsis; manual dexterity and accuracy.
• Ability to follow directions and established procedures with attention to detail.
• Demonstrate ability to utilize institutional computer systems
• Demonstrate ability to interact effectively with patients, colleagues, and other healthcare workers
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required. Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and document appropriately, perform in stressful situations; handle large volumes of patients within narrow timeframes (up to 75-100 patients per day.)
• Ability to stand, stoop, push, lift and walk distances up to 6 city blocks in length, and ability to adapt to rapidly changing environment.
• ASCP required; certification as medical assistant preferred but not required.
• National certification through American Medical Technologists as a registered phlebotomy required
• Current CPR certificate.
Why Join Us?
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront. University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website