Registered Dietitian II
UChicago Medicine, Care Network
Shift: Part-Time (0.6) / First-Shift / 8-Hr Shift
Assess nutrition status, establish nutrition diagnosis(es), develop intervention strategies and monitor/evaluate nutrition care plans in inpatient and/or outpatient settings. Perform duties in support of, and in compliance with, performance improvement plans, and with requirements of regulatory, accrediting, and licensing agencies. Educate patients, caregivers, and interdisciplinary healthcare team members about the effectiveness of therapeutic diets and nutrition support regiments to improve/maintain nutritional status and establish optimal outcomes.
- MS degree in Nutrition, Dietetics, or other relevant major, or BS/BA in Nutrition, Dietetics or other relevant major with completion of didactic program in dietetics if necessary AND Board specialty certification (e. g. Certified Specialist in Pediatrics, Certified Nutrition Support Clinician, Certified Specialist in Oncology, Certified Specialist in Renal) relevant to position (or obtain within 6 months of hire)
- Successful completion of completed program, dietetic internship, or other experience approved by the Commission on Accreditation of Dietetic Education
- 3 or more years of clinical experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to work with patients and staff from diverse cultural, educational, and ethnic backgrounds
- Computer literacy (minimum Outlook, Word, Excel, Epic)
- Member of the American Dietetic Association and relevant practice group(s) preferred
- Registered Dietitian (RD) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist (LDN) by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, Division of Professional Regulation
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront,
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website