Nurse Associate (RN)
University of Chicago Medicine
Shift: 40 hours per week (1.0) / Day shift / 8 hour shifts
The Nurse Associate is responsible for coordinating diagnostic and therapeutic regimens for a specified group of patients, and maintains cohesiveness between clinical research, physicians, and patients. The Nurse Associate coordinates physician activities with referring physicians, nursing staff, hospital administration, ancillary services, support services, insurance companies and other departments/sections and agencies as needed, and assists the physician with a wide range of activities necessary to manage clinical research programs. In addition, the Nurse Associate functions as a liaison between physicians, patients, and families, assists physicians with bedside procedures, and provides patient care the clinic with the physician as necessary.
- Must have experience working in a community health setting.
- A Bachelor's degree in Nursing is required.
- Must be an actively licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Illinois.
- Must have a minimum of three years' experience working in a multi-specialty clinic setting as a Registered Nurse.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to handle a wide variety of public contacts, including conflicts, with patience, tact, courtesy, and discretion.
- Considerable skill in determining priorities, working independently, and making decisions.
- Ability and willingness to cooperate with co-workers, supervisors, and physicians to do whatever needs to be done in order to serve the patient.
- Flexibility to learn and incorporate new systems and processes.
- Capable of handling responsibilities that are broad in scope, of substantial intricacy, and involve dealing with complex interrelationships.
- May be required to exercise judgment in selecting the most pertinent guideline, to interpret precedents, to adapt standard practices in differing situations, and to recommend alternative actions in unprecedented situations.
Located in Historic Hyde Park, UChicago Medicine is a not-for-profit integrated and academic health system of hospital and physician services, providing world class care since 1927. UChicago Medicine operates four hospitals and a state-of-the-art ambulatory-care facility located within a medical center campus of twenty interconnected buildings, along with several satellite facilities situated throughout Chicago's south suburbs. In addition, Ingalls Memorial Hospital is located outside of the main medical campus in Harvey, IL. Today, UChicago Medicine and Biological Sciences Division, including Ingalls Memorial Hospital encompass over 800 beds and employ nearly 12,000 people, which includes more than 800 attending physicians, 1100 residents and fellows, and 2,600 nurses.
UChicago Medicine's mission is to provide superior health care in a compassionate manner, ever mindful of each patient's dignity and individuality. UChicago Medicine has established a market identity “At the Forefront of Medicine”, and has consistently been able to attract a critical mass of talented physicians, healthcare professionals and staff to treat the most complex clinical problems. In recognition of this excellence, U.S. News and World Report rank many of our programs as among the best in the United States.
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront,
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics
Apply on company website