The Research Synthesis Analyst will help lead the implementation of the Center for Healthcare Delivery Science and Innovation's (HDSI) evidence-based practice initiatives, including establishing a rapid evidence review program to serve the healthcare system, and contributing to the Cochrane Affiliate located in HDSI, among other priorities. Specifically, the Analyst will: work with colleagues in HDSI to perform rapid systematic reviews to inform institutional decision making and work with key stakeholders to disseminate and implement review findings through presentations and other approaches; collaborate with government, payors and other external bodies on mission-related evidence syntheses; and offer education in evidence-based practice to staff, trainees and faculty at the University of Chicago Medicine (UChicago Medicine). Dissemination beyond UChicago Medicine may include presentations at conferences and publications in peer-reviewed journals. The Analyst will work independently, with guidance, as well as collaboratively to develop, implement and evaluate these activities.
- Master's Degree required in public health, clinical epidemiology, biostatistics or the related fields of policy or health economics, or a background in health technology assessment. Clinical background and a PhD preferred.
- Must have 3-5 years' experience in health services research
- Experience with the principles of evidence based practice including methods, data collection, analysis, and reporting of healthcare outcomes.
- Experience in synthesizing evidence for use in decision making.
- Experience in evaluating systematic reviews and meta-analyses.
- Experience with grade ratings and risk of bias assessment.
- Experience providing critical appraisal of manuscripts, reports, or other related documents.
- Excellent written communication and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals and periodicals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Personally motivated to support UChicago Medicine's mission and goals. Ability to link organizational goals to individual department mission and activities.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills; collegial, energetic, able to develop productive relationships with colleagues, awardees, consultants, external funders, and others who contribute to HDSI.
- Ability to make decisions, justify recommendations, and be responsive and clear.
- Ability to envision innovative solutions.
- Must work well in a team environment and be able to partner with both business and technical team members and translate technical language to the non-technical need.
- Strong organizational and consensus building skills.
- Expert in MS office applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Expertise with bibliographic management software and either proficiency in or a willingness to learn statistical software (e.g. Stata) required
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront,
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website