Safe Patient Handling coordinator - Hyde Park - Chicago, IL
Area: Sector 1 Leadership
Shift: Rotating 8-hours shifts
The primary role of the Safe Patient Handling (SPH) Coordinator is to develop, implement, coordinate, sustain and evaluate the UCM Safe Patient Handling Program. The SPH Coordinator will develop and implement an overall strategic plan, develop policies/procedures, and develop training curriculum for safe patient handling and movement. The SPH Coordinator will ensure the program's ongoing compliance with existing Federal, State of Illinois and other local standards. The Coordinator will provide support for the “Zero Harm” initiative throughout the organization, and act as a clinical liaison.
- Professional Registered Nurse License required.
- Bachelors of Science - Nursing; Masters (Administration or Business preferred).
- Hospital experience of at least 5 years in a clinical or administrative role with specific experience in dealing with patient safety, risk management and/or quality.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, poise in teaching and consulting.
- Strong organizing and data management skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, data base and graphics to design and implement monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Certification in occupational health or safety specialty.
- Demonstrated occupational health and safety experience conducting ergonomic assessments, job site analysis, safe patient handling risk assessments, product evaluations, and/or injury prevention program development, implementation, and training in a hospital based setting.
- Experienced in process improvement methodologies, e.g., FMECA, SWOT Analysis or Lean methodology
- One (1) year (12 months) of Quality Improvement work experience in a clinical or healthcare related field.
- Expectation of maintenance of current licensure(s)
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront,
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website