Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
Transplant Nurse (RN), Multidisciplinary Inpatient Coordinator, Full-time, Days, University of Chicago Medicine, Hyde Park, Illinois
We're hiring a Transplant Nurse (RN), Multidisciplinary Inpatient Coordinator at the University of Chicago Medicine in Hyde Park, Illinois!
NNU Bid Dates: 1/9/2020 - 1/18/2020
The Transplant Nurse (RN), Multidisciplinary Inpatient Coordinator provides and coordinates the care provided to transplant patients in the post op and inpatient post-transplant phase of care and participate in the multidisciplinary patient care services team. This role is vital in the delivery of patient care and in participation of the development of strategies to improve patient outcomes, satisfaction with service and cost effectiveness by decreasing length of stay and readmission rates in both Abdominal and Lung programs. This role is accountable to patients and families' education, discharge preparation during inpatient post-transplant phase of care, and scheduling of all post hospitalization medical procedures and appointments after discharge.
Transplant Nurse Essential Job Functions
- Provides patient education and pertinent transplant information to post-transplant recipients.
- Coordinates meetings with the nurses and patients to review the treatment plans
- Monitors patient progress and answers questions related to their post-operative course
- Participates in discharge planning with multidisciplinary team
- Evaluate patient compliance of immunosuppressive regimen
- Orders medication bags and interfaces with transplant financial coordinators to assure appropriate authorization of patients
- Obtains appropriate insurance authorization and/or referrals for medications, diagnostic tests and procedures
- Provide patient education to patients after discharge for reinforcement by contacting every patient after discharge
- Works directly with the multidisciplinary care team and coordinates post-transplant care of transplant recipients.
- Coordinates scheduling of all post hospitalization medical procedures, diagnostic testing, clinic visits, and medicine changes deemed necessary by physician /provider and/or protocol.
- Communicates with physicians concerning patient post-treatment regimens and related issues.
- Notifies transplant team members of post-transplant admissions, including admitting personnel, transplant resident, referring physician / provider, and patient placement center.
- Coordinates patient admission to hospital when deemed necessary by physician / provider, and or protocol. Provides ongoing post-transplant care maintenance.
- Under physician / provider supervision, assists patients with medication management, prescription refills, and authorizations as required.
- Coordinates data collection for post-transplant recipients. Completes United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) forms required post-transplant.
- Participates in patient-related consultations with physician staff as requested, including mandatory attendance at multidisciplinary meetings/rounds.
- Communicates with referring physician immediately post-transplant outpatient phase.
Transplant Nurse Required Qualifications
- BSN required; Master's in Nursing preferred
- Must possess excellent decision-making and communication skills
- Must possess effective teaching skills in working with undergraduate and post-graduate nursing students, as well as good presentation skills
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Must be familiar with insurance coverage and managed care contracts as regards coverage for transplant patients and donors, if applicable
Transplant Nurse Preferred Qualifications
- Preferred candidates will have five years' experience working with transplant patients
- A combination of transplant and other related nursing experience may be considered
Transplant Nurse Licenses/Certifications
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois
Located in Historic Hyde Park, UChicago Medicine is a not-for-profit integrated and academic health system of hospital and physician services, providing world class care since 1927. UChicago Medicine operates four hospitals and a state-of-the-art ambulatory-care facility located within a medical center campus of twenty interconnected buildings, along with several satellite facilities situated throughout Chicago's south suburbs. In addition, Ingalls Memorial Hospital is located outside of the main medical campus in Harvey, IL. Today, UChicago Medicine and Biological Sciences Division, including Ingalls Memorial Hospital encompass over 800 beds and employ nearly 12,000 people, which includes more than 800 attending physicians, 1100 residents and fellows, and 2,600 nurses.
UChicago Medicine's mission is to provide superior health care in a compassionate manner, ever mindful of each patient's dignity and individuality. UChicago Medicine has established a market identity “At the Forefront of Medicine”, and has consistently been able to attract a critical mass of talented physicians, healthcare professionals and staff to treat the most complex clinical problems. In recognition of this excellence, U.S. News and World Report rank many of our programs as among the best in the United States.
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website