Vascular Technologist II- Vascular Lab
Department: 376860 - VASCULAR LAB
Shift: Full Time/ Days/ 10hr shifts
Under direction, assess patients for pathology of all the veins and arteries of the body other than the heart, intracranial and certain visceral vessels. These are physiologic exams using Doppler, duplex imaging and plethysmography, together with a history and physical to assess patients for a variety of vascular pathologies.
- Completion of a two year allied health education program that is patient-care related plus 12 months of full-time clinical ultrasound/vascular experience, OR
- Graduate of a program accredited by an agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), U.S. Department of Education (USDOE), or Canadian Medical Association (CMA), that specifically conducts programmatic accreditation for diagnostic medical sonography/diagnostic cardiac sonography/vascular sonography, OR
- Bachelor's degree (any major) or foreign degree equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in the U.S. plus 12 months of full-time clinical ultrasound/vascular experience, OR
- Bachelor's degree in Sonography or Vascular Technology or foreign degree equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in the U.S. in fields such as biology, nursing, sonography, or vascular technology
Preferred minimum experience:
Preferred 2-3 years of full time clinical experience as a Vascular Tech in another healthcare environment.
- Preferred credentialing: Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) or Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS)
- No credentialing required, but incumbents holding Vascular Tech II title are eligible to take credentialing exams and will be encouraged to become credentialed within 24 months of the date of hire
Located in Historic Hyde Park, UChicago Medicine is a not-for-profit integrated and academic health system of hospital and physician services, providing world class care since 1927. UChicago Medicine operates four hospitals and a state-of-the-art ambulatory-care facility located within a medical center campus of twenty interconnected buildings, along with several satellite facilities situated throughout Chicago's south suburbs. In addition, Ingalls Memorial Hospital is located outside of the main medical campus in Harvey, IL. Today, UChicago Medicine and Biological Sciences Division, including Ingalls Memorial Hospital encompass over 800 beds and employ nearly 12,000 people, which includes more than 800 attending physicians, 1100 residents and fellows, and 2,600 nurses.
UChicago Medicine's mission is to provide superior health care in a compassionate manner, ever mindful of each patient's dignity and individuality. UChicago Medicine has established a market identity “At the Forefront of Medicine”, and has consistently been able to attract a critical mass of talented physicians, healthcare professionals and staff to treat the most complex clinical problems. In recognition of this excellence, U.S. News and World Report rank many of our programs as among the best in the United States.
Apply on company website