GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
Operates and maintains various Material Handling Equipment, to aid in the distribution of products in a safe and sanitary work environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain industrial electrical systems, motor controls, and electronics.
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot power distribution systems, branch circuits, lighting systems, transformers, and wiring methods and materials
- Maintain Material Handling Systems such as conveyors, case erectors, and sortation equipment.
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components-- photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, Servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, tachs, and encoders
- Troubleshoot PLC ladder logic (read use for troubleshooting), components (CPU back plains, I/O boards, counters, modules, and devices) and communications protocols.
- Maintain battery powered equipment.
- Perform basic maintenance of powered equipment manufacturers such as Raymond, Crown, Toyota, etc.
- Maintain building and grounds.
- Perform carpentry work as necessary.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of HVAC equipment.
- Maintain a clean and organized maintenance shop.
- Performs other general warehouse tasks as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Minimum 2 years' experience conducting preventative maintenance.
- Must be able to communicate on all levels.
- Must be able to work individually and as a team.
- Experience with safety procedures on equipment.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Basic ability to understand written and oral instructions in the English language.
- Ability to follow instructions quickly and accurately.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work overtime as needed during the week and occasional weekends.
- Flexibility in daily task assignment.
- Experience repairing Raymond material handling equipment is preferred.
- Ability to crawl, kneel, and work at elevated levels; with or without accommodation.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs. consistently.
- Ability to lift, bend, stand and walk up to 12 hours a day.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
For positions located in San Francisco: pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Apply on company website