Experience something categorically different. With over 1,200 stores throughout the U.S., designs to expand internationally, a thriving digital ecosystem and a growth trajectory that's put Wall Street on notice, Ulta Beauty provides dynamic challenges for those who want to apply their financial acumen to ever-increasing levels of complexity. Professional ownership. Diverse and ever-evolving projects. Greater levels of impact. The ability to influence decisions and organizational direction. It's all part of the daily experience of our Finance & Accounting associates.
If you want a collaborative environment where continual learning, career self-determination and trust are prioritized, where an engaged leadership provides deep levels of support and guidance, Ulta Beauty is uniquely positioned to deliver greater levels of career satisfaction. Are you up for the challenge?
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The RE Specialist is responsible for assisting the Vice Presidents of Real Estate (RE) by actively participating in and supporting the end-to-end real estate process, including market evaluation, site selection, LOI negotiation, Real Estate Committee (REC) approval and lease execution for both new stores and lease renewals. Under the supervision of the VP RE, this person will directly negotiate and coordinate with landlords, brokers, and other outside real estate partners. This person will also partner with market research, program management, legal, lease administration, store design, construction, finance, and store ops to organize all information and resources needed for REC presentation and execution of real estate related projects.
The RE Specialist is a key driver of both process adherence and improvement in order to successfully execute our real estate strategy and both pro-actively and effectively manage the store portfolio. In assisting the VPs of RE with new store site selection, remodels, relocations, lease renewals and asset management, the RE Specialist will be tasked with various key responsibilities, including:
- Directly participating in negotiations with landlords and the broker network, at the direction of the VP of RE and through an enterprise lens, to facilitate site identification and lease negotiations
- Drafting and revising letters of intent and reviewing lease and site related documents to ensure that G&D is highly responsive during negotiation, as well as any confirming that there are no deficiencies in materials
- Preparing and organizing data and materials necessary for review and consideration in decision making by the VPs, including identifying management tools required to measure the progress of those activities and deliverables
- Preparing the real estate site packages for REC by aggregating various inputs from different departments, including broker materials, market research, program management, legal, store design, construction, finance, and store ops
- Managing and facilitating all aspects of the lease process through the store opening, including partnering with Legal, Finance, Operations, Store Services and Construction departments
- Partnering with third party vendors to compile, review and revise criteria and requirements for signage, site plans and LODs for both new and existing sites
- Providing VPs of RE with location and competitive information pertaining to specific sites and markets
- Managing lease administration issues such as rent, lease notices, waiver requests and Working with outside counsel as needed to facilitate production of any other needed documentation
- Understanding critical lease information, including REAs, SNDAs and other ancillary lease documentation, to assist in the review and negotiations of leases and lease documentation
- Facilitating the execution and approval process for all leases and related lease documentation, including acting as point of contact for internal and external parties
- Revising and enhancing processes in conjunction with software updates and implantation(s) to drive efficiencies and accuracy to support optimal decision making at the enterprise level
- Coordinating with Landlords, Construction and Store Operations to ensure proper turnover to Ulta Beauty and successful store opening
- Contributing to special projects related to Ulta RE as needed
- Reading, analyzing and interpreting general business periodicals and professional journals
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent experience strongly preferred
- Ability to work independently, utilize critical thinking and judgement during negotiations
- Proficient with basic technology and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to present information to senior leadership at Ulta
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills in order to manage multiple projects with moving parts
- 1- 3 years of experience in any of the following fields: legal, market research / analytics or project management
- Demonstrated ability to meet concurrent deadlines and organize time and conflicting priorities
- Ability to communicate with an excellent command of the English language, both orally and in writing, expressing thoughts in a clear, concise, correct, and organized manner.
- Team player, who has had success participating in cross-functional teams as well as proven ability to build effective relationships with external partners and the real estate community.
- Positive energy, enthusiasm, flexibility, confidence, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment are a must.
- Up to 25% travel as needed
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring—hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.
Apply on company website