Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow's healthcare professionals.
To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
- Magnet Designated
- 501 licensed beds
- Regions only Level I Trauma Center
- Regions only BICU
- DNV accredited
- Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC)
Responsible for the scheduling and training of evening and weekend staff, as well as supplying and maintaining inventory items at appropriate levels throughout the hospital. Responsibility for performing physical inventories and monitoring refill reports. Requires the availability to work evenings and weekends.
Job Specific Responsibilities
- As the Lead, responsible for staffing evening and weekend shifts.
- As the Lead, responsible for training of evening and weekend staff.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate supplies in all stocking locations within the hospital.
- Responsible for reviewing refill reports and replenishing each supply to pre-determined par levels within the stocking locations.
- Responsible for supplying stocked inventory items to all areas within the hospital.
- Responsible for distributing needed supplies or equipment to other hospital personnel.
- Responsible for documenting any supply not available for replenishment and notifying the Central Stores Supervisor of such issues.
- Responsible for keeping the central supply location fully stocked and sanitary at all times.
- Responsible for assisting in a periodic physical inventory of the Central Supply location as well as stocking locations throughout the hospital.
- Responsible for following all departmental policies and procedures regarding the distribution of supplies and equipment throughout the hospital.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required.
Education and Experience
Preferred High School diploma. Experience in supply, inventory, or related duties is a plus, but not required.
Skills and Abilities
- Basic math skills of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Ability to train and mentor others in the performance of their duties
- Time management for self and others
- Customer service skills demonstrating listens, caring, empathizing and fulfilling needs
- Ability to problem solve common issues
- Inventory management skills including counting, tracking, planning and projecting
- Knowledge of Lawson preferred
Interaction with Other Departments and Other Relationships
Internal: This position requires interactions and relationships with all hospital departments.
External: No significant external interactions
Physical demands of the position are moderate. The technician will be required to lift items up to 100 lbs., reach heights of 8 feet, as well as bend to the floor. The technician should be in reasonably good physical condition and available to spend long periods of time standing on a concrete surface. The technician must be able to endure 6+ hours of mobility, with rapid response.
This position is subject to inside environmental conditions: protection from weather, but not necessarily temperature changes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website