We've learned that what is best for patients is also best for employees. Learn more about why we are one of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas®.Registered Nurse (RN) Trauma and Burn Program Coordinator/Registrar
M-F 8-5 and as needed
1. The Trauma and Burn Service Department scope of service is to provide a professional and supportive trauma and burn care delivery system that assists the patient in achieving and maintaining an optimal level of wellness and health.
2. Provides oversight and facilitation of the optimal care of the trauma and burn patient throughout the continuum of care.
3. Responsible for monitoring and implementing standards set by the American College of Surgeons, Texas Department of State Health Services, and the American Burn Association to maintain four distinct centers: Level 1 Trauma Center, Regional Burn Center, Pediatric Trauma and the Geriatric Trauma Centers (as a subset of the Level 1 Trauma Center)
4. Establish and maintain the efficient operation of the trauma and burn registry, entering and analyzing registry data, ensuring data quality; planning, organizing, and coordinating professional meetings.
5. Assumes responsibility for data collection, both abstracting and analyzing, data entry, and data completion for the trauma and burn injured patients.
6. Completes data submission to national, state, and regional agencies as set by the trauma and burn standards.
7. Utilizes collected trauma data for performance improvement and prevention activities.
8. Maintains set standards for data collection and entry as established by the National Trauma Data Set (NTDS) and National Burn Repository (NBR).
9. Proficient computer skills.
10. Reports to the Director of the Trauma and Burn Service Department and Assistant Director/PI Coordinator.
11. Services include:
o Performance Improvement
o Outreach and Education
o Injury Prevention
o Trauma and Burn Registry
o Emergency Preparedness
12. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently while managing a heavy workload. Additionally, must build relationships and work as a member of a multidisciplinary team to improve outcomes, systems and processes.
1. Current license from Texas State Board of Nursing or holds a recognized
compact state licensure
2. BSN or obtain within 3 years.
3. Specialty certification preferred.
4. Within one year of employment must obtain TNCC or ATCN, and ABLS
certification. Instructor status desired.
5. Must successfully complete the Advancement of Automotive Medicine's
(AAAM) – Injury Scaling Course (AIS/ISS coding) and the ATS – Trauma
Registrar Course within one year of hire.
6. Willingness to meet the eligibility requirements for the Certified Specialist
in Trauma Registry (CSTR) by the American Trauma Society (ATS)
UMC Health System provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Apply on company website