Coder II-AR Insurance
The Coder works under the direct supervision of the Accounts Receivable manager. The position exists to support the healthcare team in providing and assisting the patient with his/her care needs in collaboration with all healthcare providers. Job Duties include gathers and audits charge documents, logs partial charge documents, prepares charge/diagnosis problems for return to physician's practice manager, and monitors insurance medical necessity rules and audit against charge documents. In addition will provide information, directions and any other assistance to physicians, patient, family customers and vendors.
- Must be a Certified Coder
· Functional grasp of standard written and verbal English
· Ability to work efficiently/effectively in a fast paced sometimes stressful working environment
· Is certified thru AHIMA or AAPC as a Professional Coder
· Able to read and interpret computer reports
· Knowledge of medical terminology helpful
· Must be accountable, self-directed, and possess great interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Must exhibit compassionate and caring skills
· Must be able to set priorities and manage a high workload within a limited time for completion
· Must be have ability to organize tasks and attend to details
· Must be able to maintain concentration when subjected to frequent and varied interruptions and variable noise levels
· Possess excellent relationship skills & possess a teamwork attitude
· Must be willing to learn and become proficient in current tasks and skills as assigned as well as new that are included within the job description.
Union Hospital, Inc. is committed to the development of our staff. We recognize the contributions of our employees and the fact that each and every person plays an important role in providing our patients with quality healthcare. We are committed to continuously improving the quality of our processes, technology, employees and physicians and developing measures to monitor our success. One of our goals is to attract and maintain professionals and support staff who will help us remain a leader.
As an EOE/AA employer, Union Hospital, Inc. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status..
Apply on company website