The Food Services Associate is primarily responsible for completing sales transactions within the establishment and performing other support functions which may include cleaning the food, display and/or stock areas and assisting with stocking activities; performs all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. Employees in this classification receive direct supervision within a framework of well-defined United Pacific company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Helping customers purchase products by fully understanding the available products and having knowledge of product promotions/pricing.
- Meet, greet, and thank customers in a friendly and timely manner, providing the best customer service and handling complaints quickly and tactfully.
- Handle cash register transactions quickly and accurately (process cash purchases; make correct change; process credit/debit card transactions; etc.)
- Assists in locating, reconciling, and verifying the accuracy of transactions and operate equipment with peripheral electronic data processing
- Maintains a solid knowledge of products and services available in unit.
- Set up, clean and stock customer eating area(s), work stations, equipment, and other assigned area(s).
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or cart.
- Assists with a variety of kitchen-related functions as needed.
- Receive, inventory, move, and lift food and beverage products and supplies.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Regular attendance and adherence to scheduled shifts is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Cash handling and customer service experience preferred.
- Must be able to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States if hired.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, in both verbally and written form.
- Ability to work varying shifts, including overnight shifts and holidays.
- Ability to concentrate when in a fast-paced restaurant environment while managing multiple tasks.
- Basic mathematical skills and knowledge are required.
- Demonstrated interest and willingness to serve the public in a positive manner at all times.
- Capable of working in small spaces at times.
- Physical abilities necessary:
- Ability to endure prolonged periods of standing, walking, bending and stooping and adhere to proper techniques to ensure safety.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 20lbs across short distances.
- Ability to occasionally push and pull with arms up to a force of 20lbs (i.e., utilizing hand truck)
To be successful at United Pacific, each of us must embrace the “I Got It!” culture, which is driven by our core values:
- We Are United. One Team, One Goal,
- People-Focused. Connected, Caring, Respectful,
- Taking Pride. In All We Do,
- Results Matter. Personal, Team, Company.
This culture influences our daily work and enhances our service commitment to our customers, vendor partners, communities, and each other. It helps define who we are today and guides us to become even better tomorrow.
The job qualifications described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If accepting an offer of employment, applicant must be able to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S. United Pacific is an EOE.
Apply on company website