DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
New Graduate (RN) StaRN, Multiple Departments Available
Full Time, Various Shifts Available, 0.9 FTE
Westside Regional Medical Center
University Hospital and Medical Center is a 317-bed acute care hospital offering a wide range of surgical and medical services. Since opening in 1974, we have distinguished ourselves as a leader in breakthroughs in orthopedic care as well as joint replacement. We continue to build on this tradition in our Orthopedic and Spine Institute. Our Center for Behavioral Health offers inpatient child, adolescent, adult and geriatric services while our outpatient services include a Partial hospitalization program (PHP), Intensive outpatient program (IOP) and a 24-hour behavioral health support hotline. They are also a certified Baker Act receiving facility. University Hospital is licensed by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration and certified by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center. Our family-friendly ER provides expert, compassionate care for patients of all ages and special accommodations for seniors. Other specialty services include a wound care center as well as comprehensive diagnostic services accredited in multiple modalities including pediatric CT imaging by the American College of Radiology.
We continue a proud tradition of providing high quality personalized care in our local community. Explore possibilities to join our team where colleagues are valued and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect, and dignity.
Join our 2021 HCA StaRN/Nurse Residency Program!
We are excited to announce a FL RN Licensure is not necessary to begin the program, however, must be obtained during the first 3 weeks of classroom learning! Classes start frequently across South Florida locations, so apply today!
The HCA StaRN/Nurse Residency Program will provide education, support and guidance to new graduate nurses as they begin their careers in HCA Healthcare hospitals. It is a yearlong, extensive clinical orientation (StaRN) and professional development curriculum (Nurse Residency) for new graduate nurses. It serves as a bridge between nursing school and being a competent, confident acute care nurse.
HCA StaRN (11-22 weeks)
Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses consists of:
- Didactic training: introduces nurses to core curriculum and hospital initiatives in a classroom setting
- Simulation training: reinforces nursing skills learned in a didactic setting
- Hands on training: 6-8 weeks with a facility preceptor in a nursing unit
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) Certification
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) Dysrhythmia Interpretation
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification
- Plus other track related certifications as applicable
The schedule during the first portion of the StaRN is Monday through Friday, 8-hours a day, 40 hours a week. The preceptorship portion of the program consists of three 12-hour shifts at the hospital. Attendance is mandatory for the entire program. Note, some elements of the program are now stay at home independent study and virtual based class presentations.
HCA Nurse Residency (remaining 9 months):
- Paired with a trained mentor for integration and socialization into the culture of professional nursing
- Monthly resident seminars following a core curriculum for professional development
- Completion of an evidence-based poster presentation
Program acceptance requires a minimum two (2) year, full time commitment to the hospital and unit.
Units that may hire StaRN residents include, but are not limited to:
- Progressive Care / Stepdown
- Labor & Delivery
Full-time - Day shift & Night shift (rotating weekends)
To learn more about HCA's StaRN training and Nurse Residency program, click here to check out our video: HCA East Florida StaRN program
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At University Hospital and Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position.
- Recent (under 1 year) graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
- FL RN Licensure, or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions) within the 1st month of employment
- Strong communication skills required
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website