University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.Join us on a mission to advance medicine. Faculty Physician - Infectious Disease & Transplant (Assistant Professor)
The Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Disease and International Medicine at the University of Minnesota is seeking a board certified/eligible Transplant Infectious Disease Specialist in the Assistant Professor rank on an academic or master clinician track.Position Highlights:
- The candidate will serve as a clinician and educator in the Division of Infectious Diseases and International Medicine, with an academic appointment at the University of Minnesota as an Assistant Professor.
- The position will include both inpatient and outpatient duties at the University of Minnesota Medical Center-Fairview, including attending on the inpatient transplant infectious diseases, general infectious disease, orthopedic, and antibiotic management team services. There are two transplant inpatient ID services that this position will help staff, both solid organ transplant and stem cell transplant/leukemia consult services. Will provide outpatient clinic services in the M Health Fairview Clinics and Surgery Center-Minneapolis.
- Educational responsibility includes teaching medical students and residents and fellows who rotate on the infectious diseases consult service and can include staffing the infectious diseases fellows' clinic.
- There is also the opportunity to establish and/or collaborate on clinical research studies.
- An intellectually exciting environment is offered.
- The position will require supervising, mentoring and teaching medical students, residents and fellows along with other curriculum development responsibilities.
- Will participate in research projects and other academic/scholarly activities either as an independent researcher or collaborator and participate in faculty development activities tailored to the candidate's career interests and goals.
- Academic time will be used to pursue scholarly work in the candidate's area of specialty/research experience with a goal of developing collaborative or independent, externally funded research.
- Faculty will be active in their national organizations and cultivate an academic environment for medical students, residents and faculty.
The Division of Infectious Diseases and International Medicine provides a full range of services for a variety of infectious diseases, including two subspecialty programs for HIV and AIDS, and ID consultation for solid organ transplant and hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients. We identify and treat infections associated with sexual activity, contaminated food, exposures from travel, surgery and other sources. From routine vaccinations to complex diagnosis, evaluation, treatment and prevention of infectious disease, we work as a multidisciplinary team. We collaborate with our world-renowned Transplant Center, providing patients the opportunity to participate in research studies.Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Internal Medicine residency and Infectious Disease and Transplant fellowship training programs.
- Board eligible/certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease.
- Licensed or ability to acquire medical license and DEA in the State of Minnesota, and meet threshold criteria/qualifications for credentialing and privileges.
- Ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of the VISA.
- Completion of an additional one-year fellowship training focused on transplant infectious diseases is highly desireable.
- This role is dually employed and applicants should complete the corresponding application for this position here: https://hr.myu.umn.edu/jobs/ext/353271
Our benefits package was recently recognized for its competitive and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
More information can be found here: UMN Benefits and M Physicians Benefits.M Health and Clinical Partnerships
Providers practice at affiliated locations under the M Health Fairview shared care delivery system. This partnership represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to build a nationally known academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.Community Information
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Apply on company website