Physician Assistant - Neurosurgery
UPMC Western Maryland, located in Cumberland, Maryland is currently seeking full-time Physician Assistant to join our Neurosurgery team. Position will be responsible for promoting and maintaining health by providing medical services under the supervision of a physician. Located in the beautiful mountains of Maryland, Western Maryland offers endless outdoor amenities.
Duties of a Physician Assistant:
- Opportunity that includes time in OR, inpatient wards, and outpatient clinic.
- Newly renovated OR suite with AIRO intraoperative CT scanner connected with Stryker brain and spine navigation capabilities.
- OR Responsibilities include first assistant duties as well as expertise in technical aspects of all technology utilized.
- Inpatient responsibilities including admission H&Ps, discharge summaries, daily progress notes for neurosurgical patients as well as weekly time spent in inpatient rehabilitation unit.
- Outpatient responsibilities include post-op visits, assisting with pre-operative consultations, ordering appropriate imaging studies and interpreting in coordination with attending physician
- Documents patients care services accurately and timely in medical records systems.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Perform procedures including but not limited to lumbar puncture/lumbar drains, wound closure, ventriculoperitoneal shunt management, neuronavigation registration.
- Thoroughness/attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Strong anatomical/physiological knowledge
- Eagerness to learn/Teachability
Physician Assistant - NeurosurgeryCumberland, Maryland Full TimeUPMC Western Maryland, located in Cumberland, Maryland...
Apply on company website