The BDO - Community Lending is responsible for developing and managing client accounts for minority owned businesses, while ensuring that these client accounts meet established requirements and maximum profitability to the financial institution at a minimum risk. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Represents the bank in conducting active prospect and customer business development activities designed to generate new loan, deposit and related business for the line of business focused on minority owned businesses while meeting the Bank's existing and prospective business customer's needs.
- Manages relationships with banking clients through service and support such as overseeing maintenance of client accounts and ensuring client's needs are met with a focus on minority owned businesses.
- Establish strong referral network and relationships with minority owned businesses, minority owned networks, non-profit organizations, and other Circles of Influence (COI's).
- Develop strong professional relationships with other Bank department associates as well as supplemental business lines and vendors to cross sell and generate appropriate business product and service recommendations to help clients meet their goals and expand client relationships.
- Actively collaborates with other lines of business to ensure the clients specific needs are met.
- Provides quality customer service to existing customers and accounts through problem resolution and maintain consistent communications with clients through onsite visits and outbound calls.
- Develop and maintain intimate knowledge of the policies, Bank guidelines for their business line.
- Refer lending opportunities, treasury management, insurance, residential mortgage, and deposit relationships to bank partners.
- Participate in civic and community activities to promote the Bank's diverse products and services, maintain professional network relationships and strengthen community ties.
- Provide education and awareness of Valley bank products and programs to minority owned business owners through multiple channels.
- Interview loan applicants analyze financial and related data to establish credit worthiness; establish and negotiate credit terms and monitor customers' credit.
- Monitor outstanding loans and take necessary collection actions on past dues.
- Educate the borrower on business line process, structure, and set expectations.
- Analyze, determine eligibility, originate, and structure loan requests.
- Submit complete documentation packages to the credit. Assist in the credit analysis and underwriting process as needed.
- Recommends approval of customer applications for commercial loans.
Apply on company website