An Investigator with Fraud Risk Management (FRM) is responsible for conducting internal and external investigations in connection with frauds against Valley National Bank, its subsidiaries, and its customers. The types of investigation will include but are not limited to check fraud, new account fraud, wire transfer fraud, ACH, Digital Insights, BillGo, Nuance, TransferNow, P2P Zelle and ATM fraud, loan fraud, identity theft, return items, bank robberies, and more. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Open and manage cases for all fraud types and any suspected or confirmed fraudulent activity reported by bank employees, customers, or other persons, in the FRM case management system.
- Prepare Suspicious Activity Reports in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Collaborate with members of FRM to assist with the successful completion of various fraud related investigations and tasks.
- Review surveillance systems and extracts photos for use by bank and/or law enforcement personnel.
- Maintain knowledge and/or proficiency regarding numerous Bank records and systems, fraud detection systems, and industry best practices and standards.
- Use records of outside agencies to facilitate investigations including credit bureau records, police, and court records.
- Review internal reports and documentation to detect suspicious activity or transactions.
- Collaborate with AML/BSA, Auditing, Human Resources, Legal, Risk Management and other Departments.
- Conduct interviews of employees and other witnesses.
- Attend criminal and civil court proceedings as necessary to complete the prosecution of cases.
- Counsel employees and customers regarding fraud and best practices.
- Conduct fraud related training.
- Interact with collection agencies and attorneys.
- Act as a liaison between the bank and all branches of law enforcement, bank peer groups, and community organizations.
- Prepare Security Alerts and Advisories.
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule for after hours Fraud Risk events.
- Perform duties related to Fraud Risk events, after hours and on weekends.
- Submit recommendations to the Director of FRM on various fraud-related topics to identify pertinent issues and drive implementation of enhanced procedures within FRM and across the enterprise.
Apply on company website