The Computer Operator monitors system and batch jobs on Unisys mainframe utilizing miser database, via the ODT console. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Stay current on all operating procedures and operating standards.
- Maintain production schedules for batch processing on the mainframe.
- Identify system malfunctions and initiate corrective action; notify supervisor of any issues.
- Provide an efficient and timely response to all requests made by the Computer Operations Manager.
- Maintain problem log, date, time of incident people contacted and resolution time.
- Enter data and, as required by batch application, job and system messages.
- Receive or send all Ipswitch Moveit data files throughout the bank and 3rd party vendors.
- Interpret console messages from system software or applications program and perform required actions.
- Initiate corrective action where required and within the scope of knowledge and authority.
Apply on company website