The Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis ("FP&A") will be integrally involved in the planning, organizing and successful execution of Valley's quarterly forecasts, annual budget, and longer-term financial plan. On an ongoing basis, contribute to the development and maintenance of management reports and ensure the accuracy of departmental expense and profitability forecasts and results. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the Finance and Accounting Departments to shape and drive the annual budgeting process as well as assist with the multi-year financial forecast associated with strategic planning. Liaison with departmental budget owners to understand and project key expense needs.
- Oversee the production of accurate and timely reports that identify and investigate variances between actual and budgeted spending and profitability. Collaborate with Finance and Accounting and the business lines to gather budget inputs and communicate performance against the budget.
- Prepare, maintain, update, and reconcile the budget within the accounting system to ensure that accurate budgets and forecasts are preserved and reported.
- Prepare explanations of significant changes to the forecast as well as highlight key risks and opportunities as it relates to the financial plan. Analyze actual to budget variances and provide in-depth analysis identifying key variances to department leaders and management.
- Perform ad hoc financial analyses for management and business line leaders and assist with requested deep-dive projects related to budget variance, financial performance and sensitivity or "what if" analyses. Identify the most effective and efficient procedures for gathering financial information and data and determine best approach for communicating outcomes.
- Assist with managing project financials and communicate actual vs. budget variances to project managers to determine if there are re-forecasting needs. Champion reforecast process providing effective guidance to ensure better expense management.
- Collaborate with various departments to review, streamline, enhance financial reporting tools that will provide accurate and timely data that can be used for making business decisions.
- Support the upgrade and automation of financial systems including the training and education of diverse stakeholders.
Apply on company website