We were born to chase what we are true to.
It's not that we want to… WE HAVE TO.
We have a vision that turns obstacles into
A creative courage to tempt the impossible…
And embrace the strange.
Telling us to push further…
To try again.
Endlessly seeking elevation…
We are all connected by this same internal force.
Forever we chase that intoxicating moment when
our vision is realized…
The world around us goes quiet…
And for brief moments, we are more than alive.
True To This
Our employees are our greatest asset and Volcom is the place where people who share our values and passions want to work. The Retail Manager oversees all daily operations, keep their teams stoked on everything Volcom, and are treated like small business owners with responsibility and trust. The Retail Manager drives the success of their store through their leadership of people, talent, operations, and the brand. You embody the Volcom spirit and lead your team and store to excellence. If you're true to this and are inspired by creative spirit, the Volcom family would be stoked to have you.
What you'll do:
• Act as a liaison between the corporate and store teams, communicate with other stores and District Manager to share best practices
• Achieve store sales goals and drive sales through targeted and measured activities
• Manage store opening/closing procedures. Hold keys to the store and maintain a high level of responsibility for store security and standards
• Monitor sales and motivate team to hit forecasted goals
• Merchandise and maintain company standards of all product on the floor
• Monitor and control shipment and inventory, including transfers and markdowns
• Direct and coordinate proper placement of items on sales floor and of back stock once received
• Review and track sale records and reports to project sales
• Manage your team by guiding, directing, and motivating them
• Develop your team by recognizing talented staff and developing them for growth within the company
• Conduct annual performance reviews and address any ongoing performance issues. Partner with HR on employee relations issues, terminations, etc
• Recruit, hire, and train team members
• Track store payroll budget, timecards, and scheduling, adjust schedule according to needs of the business
• Uphold company policies, procedures, and corporate directives
• Facilitate team meetings when needed
• Build product-knowledge driven sales culture, sharing your knowledge of our industry, eco-initiatives, and high-quality product to Store Team and Customers
• Resolve customer service issues and maintain a high-quality guest experience
• Represent Volcom brand with actions and knowledge of products
• Cultivate a fun, organized, efficient work environment and lead by example
• Perform other duties as assigned
What you'll need:
• 2-5 years' experience as a Store Manager in a retail/apparel setting required
• 2-5 years of hiring, recruiting, and training of retail team required
• 2+ years' visual merchandising experience preferred
• Familiarity with the Volcom brand and action sports industry
• Interpersonal, customer service, reporting and basic math skills
• Be an effective team player
• Strong people management skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong ethical behavior
• Strong computer and POS system experience
• Strong sales knowledge and training
• 70% off Volcom merch
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits (majority employer paid)
• Management Bonus
• 401k with employer match (based on eligibility)
• Participate in Flow & Grow Rewards Competition
• Fun work environment & team
• Flexible schedule; ability to work days, nights, weekends and holidays
• Ability to transport and position a minimum of 10 lbs
• Ability to constantly move within the store and backroom
• Ability to stand (or remain in a stationary position) for long periods of time
• Excellent communication with customers, store team, and corporate (in-person, phone, and email)
• Communicate in a professional manner and provide direction/coaching to team
• Ability to review and analyze reports
• Problem solving and critical thinking/comprehension
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, please contact Volcom Customer Service to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process: 1 (855) 330-0188 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website