Description Position at VON Canada (Ontario)
Employment Status: Temporary, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Community Supports
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
Anticipated End Date: 03/21/2022
On Call: Yes
The Client Services Coordinator is responsible for providing leadership and coordination of services to clients and their families in accordance with VON standards and for providing regular support to the manager(s) for client service programs.
- Assesses clients for services, monitors service delivery and contributes to the development, evaluation and promotion of relevant programs to support those processes.
- Liaises with service providers, program coordinators, managers and clients to ensure quality of care and service.
- Ensures client intakes and other relevant updates are completed and the appropriate program coordinator or supervisor has all information needed to begin service.
- Provides resources, training and other support to caregivers, other relevant staff and volunteers to assist their efforts to care for clients and their families.
- Communicates with staff on a regular basis to consult on resource needs, volunteer management issues and other priority areas.
- Provides orientation to new volunteer and staff on VON programs and services. When applicable this will include an introduction to VON's Commitment to Volunteers and Volunteer Policies and Procedures.
- Assists in the recruitment and day to day coordination of volunteers to support client care.
- Coordinates record management and statistical data collection for programs within the site.
- Completes Disaster and Emergency Drills according to VON Disaster & Emergency program/policy.
- Practices in accordance with the quality and risk management framework of VON Canada and Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
- Participates in health and safety training including WHMIS and applies this knowledge in the workplace.
- Ensures all workplace incidents are reported in a timely manner in accordance with legislation and VON policies and procedures for workplace injuries and incidents.
External and Internal Relationships:
- Timely communication and follow up with clients, staff and community partners/professionals as required
Education, Designations and Experience:
- Post Secondary Diploma in Health/Social Science discipline or the equivalent combination of qualifications/education.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in community health or social services.
- 2-3 years of experience in client/customer service and volunteer management is an asset.
- 1-2 years of experience in program planning and evaluation is an asset.
- Demonstrated understanding of the not-for-profit healthcare environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of caregiver issues, the healthcare system and community resources.
- Experience providing education and training to staff and volunteers is an asset.
- Experience in supporting individuals with mental and cognitive issues is an asset.
- Experience working with seniors and adults with disabilities is an asset.
- Education or experience in gerontology is an asset.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to working in an environment with high confidentiality and discretion.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the social and health care services network and community resources, as well as a proven ability to build strong relationships within the community.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work both independently and within a team.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle competing deadlines.
- Ability to problem solve and adjust to rapidly changing priorities in a deadline.
- Proficiency in Windows OS and MS Office Suite programs.
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance.
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification is required.
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required.
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas.
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: fast-paced environment; attention to detail; lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; walk, sit, stand, and climb stairs; grip and fine hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
Apply on company website