Description Position at Victorian Order of Nurses for Canada
Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: NS Payroll Employee Services
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
On Call: No
The Employee Payroll Specialist is responsible for performing end-to-end payroll processes in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with VON HR policy and programs. This includes preparation, auditing, distribution and reporting processes, providing support for payroll accounting, regulatory reporting and filing requirements
- Ensures the timely processing of bi-weekly payrolls and organizes the accurate preparation, processing and distribution of bi-weekly pay statements to VON employees.
- Analyzes payroll results through simulation and makes correction adjustment as necessary.
- Completes payroll audits to ensure no dead stops in the processing steps. Completes payroll checklist for audit purposes, monitors leaves of absences and monitors the life cycle of employees.
- Works closely with the Employee Payroll Verification Coordinator team members to ensure that all worked schedules are accurate and assists them to meet their deadline as necessary.
- Supports the Client Service Associate leads to ensure that all recording of schedules and alerts are cleared prior to a time keeping period being open.
- Audits and reconciles data from Procura time to CATT time to ensure that the start and stop time is accurate and not overlapping. Reviews head count reports to ensure any changes are captured and reported accurately.
- Responsible for the upload of payroll files. This process requires the initiation of one to one check of Procura and CATT time, the review of head count reports, the transmission of the payroll files to the SAP module and to the bank, and a complete ROE Record of Employments via HRSC
- Works closely with the Employee Payroll Representative and Employee Payroll Verification Coordinators, to ensure that the integrity of the payroll and HR module are adhered to and accurate
- Ensures the new hire forms, change forms and termination forms are completed in a timely manner as to not to interrupt the payroll process, assisting and coaching if gaps or training is required.
- Responds to payroll inquiries and reports the inquiry by recording the response times and resolution. If employee education is required bring the issue to the attention of the management team with a plan of improvement
- Maintains up to date knowledge of all federal, provincial and labour standards and collective agreement changes to ensure that the system of records is reflective of regulation standards.
- Manages the changes to system configuration and internal processes resulting from operational and corporate services enhancements and ratification of collective agreements, beginning with the initial change request through implementation of related business requirements.
- Performs analysis to assist with identifying system issues and documents additional factors such as training and date updates required once changes have been implemented.
- Evaluates effort from cross functional groups and provides clarification related to business requirements during the implementation stage.
- Liaisons with finance management and staff regarding any payroll issues, keeping the Manager Employee Payroll Services apprised of all issues and challenges that would impact customer service levels and/or the delivery of employee payroll as outlined by bi-weekly payroll schedules.
- Liaisons with the Lean team for business processes that will require investigations to make improvements.
- Keeps abreast of changes that may affect Payroll Services Centre from an Operational lens.
- Completes special projects as assigned by management.
External and Internal Relationships:
- Build and manage relationships with cross-functional team members, CSAs, HR, Lean Team.
- Build and manage relationships with payroll vendors.
Education, Designations and Experience:
- A degree or diploma in a relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience providing payroll services in an automated environment.
- Knowledge of SAP and Procura strongly preferred.
- Experience with both union and non-union environments.
- Experience in Business process improvement.
- Demonstrated experience in managing full cycle payroll.
- Sound knowledge of payroll business processes, human resources management.
- Knowledge of provincial /federal legislation that relates to payroll.
- Experience in not for profit or health industries an asset.
- Good standing as a member with the Canadian Payroll Association is considered an asset.
- Able to manage others effectively.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated team leadership ability.
- Ability to create, review and supply policies and procedures.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills.
- Posses a customer service orientation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The capacity to adhere to strict confidentially.
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or a Child Abuse Registry Check may be required.
- Available to work flexible hours
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: fast-paced environment; attention to detail; lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; walk, sit, stand, and climb stairs; grip and fine hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
Apply on company website