Description Position at Victorian Order of Nurses for Canada Nova Scotia Branch
Employment Status: Temporary, Part Time
Program Name: SMART
Anticipated End Date: 03/23/2019
Work Schedule: Days
On Call: No
The exercise leaders will lead exercise classes for Older Nova Scotians based on the existing VON SMART fitness classes in the community and retirement home locations for Liverpool and area.
The successful candidates will provide fitness instructions to senior citizens within the community Liverpool and surrounding area. The Exercise & Falls Prevention (SMART) program class sizes and locations will vary. Preparation and travel within the local area will be required.
- CCAA or SFIC Certification and/or CanFit Pro
- Previous experience leading or working with seniors
- Combination of related education and experience will be considered
- Experience working in an assisted living environment i.e. recreation therapy
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Travel and preparation will be required
- Must be computer literate and able to utilize electronic documentation and communication resources, e.g. Outlook, Word, etc.
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
- Pre-health assessment may be required
- Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle with current insurance
- CPR with AED and Standard First Aid preferred or willing to obtain
- Current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using appropriate mechanics.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further information and contact details.
Apply on company website