Description Position at Victorian Order of Nurses for Canada Ontario Branch
Employment Status: Casual
Program Name: Community Support Services
Work Schedule: Days, Evenings, Weekends
On Call: No
The Home at Last (HAL) Attendant will meet their client at the hospital and support them through the discharge procedure, as well as escort them home. They will assist their clients with settling back in at home following discharge from the hospital.
Light homemaking, meal preparation, personal care (if required), and completion of environmental risk assessments are tasks included in the HAL Attendant role. The HAL Attendant will collaborate with members of the health care team in meeting the needs of individuals to attain an optimal level of independence and well being.
This is a casual role with hours based upon client discharges. This position is ideal for someone who would like to make a difference in their community, who is seeking supplemental income and who currently has a flexible schedule!
- Monitoring & Evaluation - Observes and evaluates the individual's/family's home, personal situation and client/family care plan
- Planning - Contributes to the development (with the help of the Home at Last Coordinator) of the personal support care plan
- Implementation - Performs personal support tasks reflecting the needs of the individual/family
- Communication Written/Verbal - Communicates verbally with appropriate members of the health team regarding the management of the client's/family's homemaking, physical, and emotional needs
- Adheres to the VON standards for conduct and behaviour and upholds VON's Core Values
- Secondary school education preferred
- Personal Support Worker or Health Care Aide certification an asset
- Current CPR and First Aid certification will be requested
- Household management experience
- Experience working with children and elderly or ill individuals
- Must be able to communicate well, both written and verbal
- Good assessment skills
- Awareness of community resources
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team, take direction well and work independently
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further information and contact details.
Apply on company website